Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: April Holiday Central

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default April Holiday Central

Post your comments, tips, or experiences from your APRIL Orlando holiday here!

For instructions on how to post links to your full trip report, click here: INSTRUCTIONS for posting links and links with text.
    Last edited by Susan Veness; 07-01-2009 at 12:05 AM.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Our 2nd Trip was the last 2 weeks of April (2008). Again this was a lovely time of the year to go. The weather was warm but not overly hot, so ideal park weather. We did have a few overcast days but had very little rain.

I was suprised at the crowd levels, I was expecting it to be quiet but it was actually very busy. We waited 2hrs to go on Splash Mountain :eek: Over the two weekends we were there, there were Cheerleading and Marching Band competitions which consequently made the parks, especially Hollywood Studios very busy with many young girls walking around in extremely skimpy cheerleading outfits ~ my hubby tried to convince me he wasn't looking ~ yeah right ;)

I would definitely go back at this time of the year and I'm sure my hubby would

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We went 8th - 18th April last year, and it really wasn't too bad, crowd-wise. But we made use of the Busy Day Guide (thanks Simon and Susan ), and also had special needs fast passes for both Disney and Universal, which meant that we hardly had to wait for anything.

The weather last April was rather strange, and it had rained like billyo the week before we arrived, but only rained once the entire time we were there. Sadly, it was also not very warm. I think it barely got above the mid-70s - except for the last couple of days! Typical! We didn't get the use of our villa's heated swimming pool as a result.

And the day you leave is always the hottest of the lot, oourse!

However, as my brother says, if you're tramping round the parks, it's probably better that it isn't stifling hot. If you're doing Islands of Adventure, I would suggest you don't go on a 'chilly' day, though - you will get wet on a lot of the rides there, and if the sun isn't shining, you'll find it almost impossible to dry off and you'll be walking round in cold, wet clothes for half the day. And that's from someone with experience speaking!
    Nov 2003 for 14 days
    Feb 2005 for 10 days
    Aug 2006 for 10 days
    Apr 2008 for 10 days
    Feb 2011 for 14 days for the Big 5-0
    Feb 2012 for 10 days for Emma's 18th
    Feb 2013 for 10 days just because!
    Feb 2014 for 7 days on site girlie trip
    Mar 2015 for 14 days for Emma's 21st

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would agree about not visiting IoA on a chilly day, if you can help it (if not, go anyway. It's fantastic). Animal Kingdom is a better choice for the chilliest days as it holds the heat better due to the landscaping.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Thread Information