Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: September Holiday Central

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default September Holiday Central

Post your comments, tips, or experiences from your SEPTEMBER Orlando holiday here!

For instructions on how to post links to your full trip report, click here: INSTRUCTIONS
    Last edited by Susan Veness; 07-01-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have been three times in September, generally just after the school holidays were coming to a close, we were fortunate that the school was understanding, so the crowds in the parks were very manageable.

The weather was generally quite hot and almost without fail there would a rain storm of about 45 - 60 minutes each afternoon. This, of course, led to quite high humidity which we found to be quite tiring. Evenings were fresher, warm and therefore better.

1998 was the worst of the visits. We were in St Pete's Beach and had to be evacuated due to the approach of Hurricane Georges. Over the next few days the weather was very unsettled, with long periods of very heavy rain and fairly strong wind. By the end of the week the weather was back to normal.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We wer on our honeymoon in 1998 and were booked to go to the keys but they were evacuated. We rode out the storm in Orlando and once it had passed we went to Clearwater for 4 nights and Naples for 5 nights. The only indication that there had been a hurricane was the still boarded up houses and the sea grass washed up on the beach and left to rot (very smelly!!) and the murky sea. This was our first encounter with a hurricaine and have had a few since!!

We've been a few times in Sept too. This is my favourite time of year, still lovely and warn (hot) not too busy in the parks mand restuarants etc, Fall sales in the shops and mostly dry weather although as TF says there is usually a passing rain cloud later afternoon.

All in all September is a lovely month in Orlando!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the only bad point i can put forward about going at this time of year is 'it's hurricane season'

we've been to florida 3 times around september. the first was '99' when we had to deal with hurricane floyd, i remember at the time we had quite an anxious couple of days with holiday reps and villa management phoning us and giving us very specific instructions i.e throw all pool furniture into the pool and telling us where to hide in the villa for best protection. if memory serves me right i think they actualy closed all the disney parks the day it was supposed to 'hit' . thankfully though when the hurricane hit the coast it bounced off and went north, hitting land further up the east coast.
    All said though we did have a fantastic time and booked to go again in sept 2000, also 2005. these two times we never had any trouble hurricane wise.

the weather is hot and humid this time of year, i remember running round blizzard beach with no footwear on in 99. that particuler day it was just over 100 degrees , a real scorcher. this made it quite difficult and indeed painfull when walking on the concrete and queueing up to go on the slides (the little water jets spraying onto the concrete at certain points made it just about bearable other wise we would have left the park on that day)

not that i'm trying to put anyone off from going, these are just my experiances from when we have been in september. all in all we have had some really fantastic times going at this time of year,

also my tip for going in september - avoid the parks around labour day which usually falls in the first week of sept. they do get quite busy

hope you find my advice usefull,

mortus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome back to the forum mortus.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cheers

mortus

Thread Information