Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: Posting links and links with text

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Posting links and links with text

If you would like to share the links to each day of your full trip report but aren't sure how, simply follow these instructions (for Windows; Mac users modify according to your system):

-Open the thread in which you have posted your trip report or the first day of your trip report.

-Highlight the URL (the long address in the address bar at the top of your screen, that starts with http://) by RIGHT CLICKING on it.

-A drop-down menu box will appear. Click on Copy in the menu box.

-Return to the main menu for Trip Reports, open the thread titled Month by Month Holiday Central (this thread!), then click on the link for the month you travelled.

-Click on Post Reply.

-When the blank text box appears, click on the link in the toolbar (where you see all the symbols, just above the blank text box where you type your replies) that looks like a blue earth with a chain link under it.

-(Some users will now need to remove the http:// already showing in the box that pops up). RIGHT CLICK on the empty text box that pops up, (or press the Ctrl button and the C button on your keyboard) then click on Paste in the drop-down menu that appears.

-Click Ok

-Repeat each step until all of your links are in the post for the month you travelled.

If you would like to post your links so that the name of your trip report shows instead of the address, do the following:

-Open the trip report you want to link to, then Right Click to highlight the url (address).
    -Click on Copy
    -Create a new post under the month you travelled
    -Right Click in the text box and click Paste (or hit Ctrl+V) to add the link directly to the text box.
    -When the link appears, type:

[ url =

(without the space in between each character!!) in front of the link.
    -Type a closed bracket (it looks like this: ] ) at the end of the address.
    -Type the name of your trip report after the closed bracket.
    -type:

[ / url ]

(again, without the spaces between each character!!) at the end of your text.

And there you have it! You've posted a link with text showing!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Thanks these tips where really useful.

Susan you are far too clever for me I couldn't possibly follow all that although perhaps I will start a new thread on our holiday. Fingers crossed I get it right but I can always ask you again. And by the way when do I stop being a new member?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The directions are long, but they're very simple if you follow them step by step. The easiest way to do it is to print them out and follow them as you perform each step. I promise, when you have done it once or twice it'll be VERY easy! Just go slow, and you'll be amazed at what you're able to do!

But yes, any time there's a problem Simon and I can always fix it if you ask. Or, just post your question and lots of others here will jump right in to help.

PS: You'll stop being a New Member once you hit 30 posts.
    Last edited by Susan Veness; 03-11-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I still have trouble pasting images to the threads. I posted my weather photo yesterday by pasting the URL into my post and then manually typing [IMG] at the beginning and [/IMG] at the end!
    Nov 2003 for 14 days
    Feb 2005 for 10 days
    Aug 2006 for 10 days
    Apr 2008 for 10 days
    Feb 2011 for 14 days for the Big 5-0
    Feb 2012 for 10 days for Emma's 18th
    Feb 2013 for 10 days just because!
    Feb 2014 for 7 days on site girlie trip
    Mar 2015 for 14 days for Emma's 21st

Thread Information