Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: 1974 Hotel Rates!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation 1974 Hotel Rates!

Here's a creative press release this morning from Rosen Hotels (which includes the Shingle Creek Resort, Rosen Center and Rosen Plaza hotels, as well as the more budget-style Quality Inn Plaza and Quality Inn International), indicating they will be offering 1974 prices (!!) for a limited time to celebrate their 35th anniversary. Here's what they say:

Orlando's Rosen Hotels & Resorts Rolls Back Rates to 1974 to Celebrate 35th Anniversary

Just $9.99 for First Night,
    $35 Each Additional Night with Two-Night Stay

ORLANDO (June 23, 2009) - To celebrate its 35th Anniversary, Rosen Hotels & Resorts is turning back the hands of time to 1974, when what is now Florida's largest independent hotel chain was just a single Orlando property and nightly rates were just $9.99 per night.

Rosen Hotels & Resorts' is offering rooms at its four leisure properties - Quality Inn International, Rodeway Inn International, Quality Inn Plaza (all three ideally located along International Drive, in the tourist corridor) and Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista near Walt Disney World -- for just $9.99 for the first night and $35 for each additional night with a two-night minimum stay.

Rooms must be booked between June 24 and July 15 for travel by Dec. 23, 2009.

For more information or to book a room, visit www.orlandohotels4less.com/35 or call toll free 1-877-224-5377 and be sure to ask for the 35th Anniversary Package. Offer based on availability. Not valid for groups, conventions or with any other special offer, promotion or discount. Rates are subject to change. In addition, a special $35 rate is available for golf and spa services at Rosen Shingle Creek when booking the anniversary package. Look for details on the website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HOLY HECK!! That's an amazing deal! He's a smart man, that Harris Rosen, and I'm willing to bet his hotels will be full once this promotion is over. At that rate, you can get a 14 night stay for GBP 332.5 :eek:

Travel in November when it's slow in the parks but the Christmas decorations are up and you've got one heck of a Chirstmas gift!

Me? I'm booking a spa treatment.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we are already booked into quality inn international in sept,has anyone stayed there the reviews are so up and down anything from 5/5 to 0/5 not to worried as only using hotel for sleep hope to be busy rest of time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a couple of hundred (probably more) clients every year who stay at the QI I-Drive and none have complained to me about it (so far).

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The QII is one of the original (and oldest) hotels on I-Drive and is a fairly basic, motel-style property, but with good ownership. It is part of the Rosen Group of hotels founded by local tycoon Harris Rosen back in 1974 and, while the quality can vary a bit, for those who go in expecting a basic, budget-price hotel, they are usually pleasantly surprised. It is VERY popular with the UK market and all the main tour operators feature it among their lead-in hotels. Yes, some people do occasionally encounter shoddy service or unclean rooms, but that IS a rarity, and you are quite within your rights to ask to change rooms if it doesn't meet a good, basic standard. My parents have stayed here in the past and found it ideal for them. The location is good and the prices are pretty low, so it's hard to argue with for most of the time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks for info,picked for location sounds perfect base

Thread Information