Check out what Lumiere is cooking up at the Be Our Guest restaurant!
Disney World reveals the culinary delights that’ll be tantalising taste buds at the Be Our Guest restaurant!
We are particularly excited to update you on the progress of the Be Our Guest restaurant, firstly because its inspired by Beauty and the Beast, one of the greatest Disney tales ever, but also because it has been inspired by one of our favourite Walt Disney Classic scenes. You know the one we’re talking about! ‘Please. Be. Our guest, be our guest, put our service to the test...’
Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast!
The Be Our Guest restaurant has been designed to look exactly like the dining room Belle dines in when she receives her Be Our Guest serenade from Lumiere. The restaurant, headed up by Chef Deardorff, is reminiscent of a French bistro and will seat over 500 guests in three different dining rooms. The cuisine is ‘...All about simple, fresh ingredients,’ says Deardorff.
Check out the sample menu for yourself...
Lunch menu at Be Our Guest will include:
• Tuna Niçoise salad
• Croque Monsieur sandwich with carved ham, Gruyere cheese, béchamel and pommes frites (French fries)
• Carved turkey on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise
• Grilled steak sandwich with garlic butter spread
• Braised pork
• Vegetable quiche
• Quinoa, shallot and chive salad.
Dinner menu at Be Our Guest will include:
• Charcuterie plate with cured meats and sausages, mussels steamed in white wine
• French onion soup
• Potato leek soup
• Salad with champagne vinaigrette
• Salad trio with three mini tastes of roasted beet, raisins and orange; green beans, tomatoes and roasted shallots; and watermelon, radish and mint.
• Thyme-scented pork rack chop with au gratin pasta
• Rotisserie rock hen with roasted fingerling potatoes
• Pan-seared salmon in leek fondue
• Grilled strip steak with pommes frites
• Sautéed shrimp and scallops with veggies in puff pastry with creamy lobster sauce
• Oven-baked ratatouille
• Cupcakes – Strawberry cream cheese or Triple chocolate
• Chocolate cream puff and a Passion fruit cream puff.
Kids 9 and under will have their own menus:
• Carved turkey sandwich
• Roasted pulled pork
• Mickey meatloaf
• Seared mahi mahi
• Whole-grain macaroni topped with marinara and mozzarella
• Grilled steak
• Grilled fish of the day
• Whole-grain macaroni
The Be Our Guest restaurant, located in the Beauty and the Beast area of Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland is set to open up its doors to those with Disney tickets by the end of summer. Disney haven’t revealed any exact dates, but have hinted that you’ll be able to make reservations as soon as August – which means a grand opening isn’t far behind!
So, if this tickles your taste buds and you’ve already got your Disney tickets, keep checking back here for updates on reservation availability and the eventual opening date!