If you’re a Sesame Street fan you're probably already excited about the new Sesame Street expansion opening at SeaWorld Orlando. The good news is, the wait is now over as the new Sesame Street area is now officially open! That's right, 27th March 2019 marks the unveiling of SeaWorld's amazing new Sesame Street expansion, so if you're visiting the park soon, make sure you check it out for yourself.
The new Sesame Street expansion spans over 6-acres and gives guests the chance to walk along the famous street for the very first time. You can explore the colourful neighbourhood, make some furry friends and ride a host of brand new attractions.
Mark Pauls (President of SeaWorld Orlando Parks) said, “We cannot wait to welcome guests to Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando on March 27. With over 30 new ways to play and an award-winning parade, this is an attraction that guests of all ages are going to love.”
Check out the video below for a sneak peek at the Sesame Street Party Parade, which will be SeaWorld’s first ever daily parade…
The Sesame Street land features a total of 8 attractions that the whole family will love. There’s an exciting drop ride, a fun train journey and a miniature coaster which is perfect for little ones wanting to experience their first roller coaster.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Cookie Drop- A vertical drop ride that will have you racing up and down
- Big Bird’s Twirl ‘n’ Hurl- A spinning ‘tea cup’ ride in your very own nest
- Elmo’s Choo Choo Train- Help Elmo find some of his favourite things on this fun-filled train ride
- Abby’s Flower Tower- Pick a flower and prepare to soar high above the ground with amazing views of Sesame Street
- Super Grover’s Box Car Derby- One for the kids and big kids, this steel coaster features turns, hills and mini-dives
- Slimey’s Sliders- Get ready to slide through Oscar’s treasured compost collection.
- Count-Around Playground- Little ones will love this fun, themed playground.
- Rubber Duckie Water Works- Join Bert and Ernie for some serious splashing fun
You can also enjoy exploring the interactive neighbourhood, wet and dry play areas, and character meet and greets with the likes of Elmo, Cookie Monster and Abby to name just a few.
When you’re feeling hungry, stop by one of the Sesame Street food trucks for a tasty treat and make sure you head over to Hooper’s Store if you want to take home a special souvenir.
Want to be one of the first to visit Sesame Street land? Click here, to view our great value SeaWorld Orlando tickets.
For more blog posts like this try…
- Top tips for visiting SeaWorld Orlando
- Busch Gardens announce thrilling new roller coaster
- Exciting new attractions opening in Orlando in 2019
Find out all the latest news from Orlando on our BLOG