Universal Orlando Resort has announced the concert headliners performing at the 25th annual Mardi Gras celebrations, and we couldn’t be more excited by the line-up!
This is a family-friendly version of the iconic Big Easy bash, which features a nightly parade, authentic Cajun-style cuisine and (on selected nights) live concerts by spectacular musical artists.
Universal’s Mardi Gras 2020 runs daily from February 1 - April 2, and for 16 select nights during the event, guests will be able to enjoy performances by some of the biggest names in music. Have a look at the line-up below. All concerts start at 8:30pm.
- Saturday, February 1 - The Roots
- Saturday, February 8 - Karol G
- Saturday, February 15 - Bell Biv DeVoe
- Sunday, February 16 - +Live+
- Saturday, February 22 - Kool & the Gang
- Saturday, February 29 - TLC
- Saturday, March 7 - REO Speedwagon
- Sunday, March 8 - Dustin Lynch
- Friday, March 13 - Luis Fonsi
- Saturday, March 14 - The All-American Rejects
- Sunday, March 15 - Diana Ross
- Friday, March 20 - Chris Young
- Saturday, March 21 - Earth, Wind & Fire
- Sunday, March 22 - Marshmello
- Saturday, March 28 - Why Don’t We
- Sunday, March 29 - Gavin DeGraw
- Feb 1 - Feb 13: Dirty Bourbon River Show
- Feb 14 - March 5: Free Agents Brass Band
- March 6 - March 21: New Breed Brass Band
- March 22 - April 2: Naughty Professor Brass Band
This year, the celebrations are inspired by an all-new Treasures of the Deep theme, which will see the nightly Mardi Gras parade run throughout the streets of Universal Studios Florida. Expect intricately detailed floats, vivacious dancers and stilt performers with extraordinary customers and countless beads.
Six new floats for this year will debut, inspired by mythical creatures of the deep, the sunken city of Atlantis and many more. All of the floats featured in the parade are also hand-crafted by Kern Studios, the company that creates floats for the iconic parade in New Orleans since 1947.
Fan-favourites, including the Riverboat and King Gator, will also be returning, with brand new decor that celebrates 25 years of party. There’s also a viewing area created just for children - The Little Jester’s Parade Viewing Area is located in front of the Brown Derby Hat Shop, and offers an unobstructed view for petite partygoers.
Food & Drink
Dine on authentic Cajun-inspired cuisine at The French Quarter Courtyard during Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras celebrations, open everyday from 4pm. All-new to this year’s event, you’ll be able to enjoy food and beverage offerings at the Carnival Around the Universe tasting tent, featuring dishes inspired by carnivals worldwide with brand new menu items debuting bi-weekly throughout the event.
Fan-favourite add-on experiences are also returning this year, including the Bayou Boil, which gives guests an authentic New Orleans crawfish boil experience. The Mardi Gras Tasting Lanyard will also give you the chance to try a variety of classic New Orleans dishes throughout your visit, including gumbo, jambalaya, po boys, and much more.
The 25th Universal Orlando Resort Mardi Gras event takes place from February 1 - April 2 at Universal Studios Florida, and offers unforgettable springtime fun for the whole family.
Ready to experience this event for yourself? Browse our Universal Orlando ticket packages now.