If for no other reason than the sun, which has a slightly elusive presence in the UK, Orlando enthusiasts can't help but to love the summer season for the abundance of activities, festivities, fun and entertainment overwhelming the Sunshine state. And, once the long summer days come to a close the long nights of Halloween take reign, consuming the theme parks with Halloween celebrations deserving of America's reputation for Halloween craziness. To make sure Floridian holidaymakers have their itineraries planned around the must see, just opened and about to launch attractions, here's a rundown of the latest news and updates for your diary.
One Ocean at SeaWorld replaced Believe at SeaWorld - 22nd April
- On the 22nd April SeaWorld launched the new Shamu show One Ocean. The show, which replaced the Believe show, appropriately shared its first birthday and themes with Earth Day - the day in which America celebrates the awareness and appreciation for the world's natural environment. One Ocean is a magical killer whale show that explores the relationship and connection between marine life and humans. Read more about One Ocean here ...
Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Every weekend between 20th May - 10th June
- The annual Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios debuted on the 20th May. For bona fide Star Wars fans these weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios are surreal. Weekends are packed full with all kinds of Star Wars concerned activities, from Jedi Training, autograph signings and special behind the scenes talks all hosted by known and loved Star Wars actors and film makers. There are two more Star Wars Weekends left for the season, Friday 3rd - 5th and Friday 10th - 12th June.
Star Tours new adventures launched at Disney's Hollywood Studios - 20th May
- On the 20th May Disney unveiled its enhanced digital 3-D Star Tours adventure. Riders can now expect to visit new galaxies, meet new characters and embark on a number of new and fascinating galactic adventures. On your journey into space, piloted by C-3PO, you might make an encounter with R2-D2, maybe Darth Vader or even Yoda...to meet with your favourite character it is likely you'll have to embark on this journey more than once - but who's complaining? May the Force be With You!
Discovery Cove reveals The Grand Reef grand opening - 10th June
- The SeaWorld group has revealed that Discovery Cove's highly anticipated new attraction, The Grand Reef, will be ready for guests to dive in and take a swim on the 10th June. The Grand Reef offers swimmers the chance to explore both the deep and shallow waters of a manmade reef that features over a thousand species of tropical fish, 8 ft tall 21 ft long panoramic windows to view sharks and crystal clear waters, that require over 140 tons of salt to keep it sparkling blue. Read more on The Grand Reef here
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - 13th September - 1st November
- There's no Halloween quite like a Disney Halloween. The family friendly not so scary Halloween celebration with Mickey and co has finally released their Halloween Party dates.
Every Tuesday and Friday between 13th - 30th September
2nd, 6th, 10th, 11th, 16th, 18th, 20th, 21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th, 28th, 30th, 31st October & 1st November
Busch Gardens Howl O Scream 7th - 29th October
- For a Halloween with a little less 'happy' and lots more horror, Busch Gardens have released their eight days of Halloween Howl - O - Scream dates.
7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 28th & 29th October
To make your Orlando experience extra special plan your Florida travels around one or all of these amazing new happenings. You can book your entire Orlando adventure here.
Keep checking Attraction Tickets Direct Latest News blog to stay up to date with all the latest attraction news in the Sunshine State.