Wild Australia Experience at Taronga Zoo
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Go behind-the-scenes at Sydney Taronga Zoo
Get an in-depth, interactive and close up encounter with Australian wildlife. Feed a wallaby and take photos with a koala during this intimate small group tour which has a maximum of only eight participants. Led by a professional zoo keeper, you'll learn all about Australian animals as you meet them face-to-face at Sydney Taronga Zoo.
Our guide to Wild Australia Experience at Taronga Zoo
Taronga Zoo is one of Sydney’s top attractions and is loved by locals and tourists alike. Located on the magnificent harbour, just 12 minutes by ferry with views of iconic landmarks this is truly a zoo with a view!
Join your Wild Australia Experience tour at the Visitor Information Desk in the main entrance plaza at Taronga Zoo, Bradley's Head Road, Mosman, Sydney. This exclusive journey of Australian discovery is led by a Zookeeper and is designed to encourage interaction between visitors,
Australian animals and the Zoo family, enabling you to have a hands-on, behind the scenes experience.
Your Zookeeper will explain the special adaptations of unique Aussie animals, which enable them to live in harmony with the harsh Australian environment.
You will have excellent photo opportunities with animals such as koalas, kangaroos, echidnas and more.
This tour is perfect for visitors who are interested in the environment and the world around them.
Tour concludes approximately 2 hours after commencement.
Enjoy the rest of your day at leisure to explore Taronga Zoo.
Daily, year round.
Taronga Zoo opens from 9.30am. Tour starts at 10.15am and 2.00pm.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Wild Australia Experience at Taronga Zoo
- Taronga Zoo is open daily, including Christmas.
- The Zoo is predominantly outdoors and operates in all weather. Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Maximum group size is eight people.
- Facilities at Taronga Zoo include: Free Wi-fi Cafe; / Eateries; ATM; First Aid; Lockers; Parents Room; Picnic areas; Stroller hire; Water Bubblers throughout the Zoo.
- Taronga Zoo is on a site of 28 hectares and the topography is quite steep in areas. Although all paths are bitumen and lateral paths relatively level, some connecting paths linking various levels are steep. Elevators and ramps are located around the site, allowing those with limited mobility to traverse the entire Zoo.
- More than 95 per cent of Taronga’s animal displays are wheelchair viewable. All food outlets, shops, shows and presentations are wheelchair accessible. All new developments since 2001 have been fitted with elevators.
- Taronga provides sturdy, all-terrain manual wheelchairs at no cost to those who require mobility assistance (ID required) and a disclaimer form must be completed. These wheelchairs must be pushed by a carer/companion and seat belts are required to be worn. Advanced booking is recommended.
- Taronga Zoo adheres to strict quarantine regulations and unfortunately cannot admit guide dogs, hearing assistance dogs and other assistance animals.