Accademia Gallery Tour - 1 hour with David
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Meet your guide and enter the Accademia Gallery museum with a fast-track priority entrance ticket and discover the original Michelangelo's masterpiece that has become the symbol of Renaissance splendour. The David.
Our guide to Accademia Gallery Tour - 1 hour with David
Admire it from every perspective, gaze in awe at David, who dominates the central gallery of the museum. The David was sculpted by a very young Michelangelo (in his twenties) entirely from a single block of local Carrara marble and it's 5.17 meters tall (17 ft). It represents the biblical hero David that killed Goliath and when it was unveiled, in 1504, it soon came to symbolize the defense of the civil liberties embodied in the Florentine Republic.
Admire also Michelangelo's famously unfinished sculptures – Prigioni and San Matteo.
The Accademia Gallery houses also many other masterpieces, both paintings, and sculptures, from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance, by the greatest artists, like Botticelli, Paolo Uccello, Andrea del Sarto, and many more, which you will discover with your knowledgeable English-speaking guide.
Departure: ACCADEMIA GALLERY Accademia Ticket Office Via Ricasoli, 58/60, Florence "look" for Towns of Italy Tourist Hub in front of civic number 58"
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Accademia Gallery Tour - 1 hour with David
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
- Big bags and liquid bottles will not be allowed inside the museums.
- Even with the skip-the-line entrance, there is still a compulsory security check which may cause some delays in entering the museum.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 72 hours in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 72 hours of the scheduled departure or do not show for the tour, there is a 100% cancellation fee.