Big Bus Vienna Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
- Free cancellations*
- Instant confirmation
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Regarded as the City of Music due to its musical legacy, Vienna is famous for its imperial heritage, reflected throughout the beautiful city center and its landmarks. Start at the Opera House and pass numerous famous landmarks such as Burgtheater, the Museum Quarter, Schönbrunn Palace, Belvedere, and Prater – all built on a historic Roman foundation.
Our guide to Big Bus Vienna Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
Soak up 360-degree views of Vienna’s top sights with a 1, 2, or 3-day Big Bus hop-on, hop-off Sightseeing tour on our unique double-decker buses. Pass Schönbrunn Palace, St Stephan’s Cathedral, the Belvedere, the Opera House, Museums Quarter, and more. Enjoy your choice between a Discover, Essential, and Explore ticket, with access to two carefully planned routes, audio commentary on board, free WIFI, and one English-guided city walk into the city center.
Explore this beautiful city at your own pace, hop-on, and off as often you want to explore and visit Vienna’s must-see attractions.
There are three different types of tickets to choose from plus a Night Tour option:
- Discover Ticket: This Ticket allows you to see all of Vienna’s top sights and attractions in one day. Ride the double-decker bus for 1 day, hopping on and off at over 22 stops around the city. Learn about, the residence of the Habsburg dynasty at the Hofburg Palace or discover the Baroque buildings of imperial Vi enna along the famous “Ringstrasse”. Recorded commentary in 13 languages on the bus.
- Included:One day's Hop-On Hop-Off on two routes
- Essential: This ticket allows you to explore the city’s most important sights within two days. The bus will take you to the famous landmarks and best attractions that the city has to offer: Soak up the sights of the impressive buildings, including the Vienna State Oper a, St Charles’ Church, Schönbrunn Palace and Belvedere palace. Hop - off the bus to take a closer look at these magnificent landmarks and to explore the city's beautiful open spaces, like “Stadtpark” . Recorded commentary in 13 languages on the bus as also a personal tour guide take you on a city walk through the city center where the buses are not allowed to drive.
- Included:Two days Hop-On Hop-Off on two routes, plus a guided inner city walking tour
- Explore Ticket: This ticket allows you to explore Vienna within two days. The bus will take you to the famous landmarks and best attractions that the city has to offer. Impressive buildings, including the Vienna State Opera, St Charles’ Church, Schönbrunn Palace, and Belvedere Palace as also typical Viennese coffeehouses tempt you to linger. Recorded commentary in 13 languages on the bus as also a personal tour guide takes you on a city walk through the city center where the buses are not allowed to drive. With our Explore Ticket, you have the option to choose from either a River Cruise along the Danube Canal or Danube River (season depending) or a ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel at the Prater Amusement Park.
- Included: Two days Hop-On Hop-Off on two routes, plus a guided inner city walking tour and a choice between a river cruise of the Ferris Wheel
City Route Stops
- 1 - Opera
- 2 - House of Music
- 3 - Lower Belvedere
- 4 - Museum Quartier
- 5 - Museums / Hofburg
- 6 - City Hall
- 7 - Votive Church
- 8 - Schwedenplatz
- 9 - Prater
- 10 - Blue Danube Pier 3
- 11 - Blue Danube Pier 8
- 12 - Danube Tower
- 13 - Old Danube
- 14 - Uno City
- 15 - Danube Island
- 16 - City Park
City Route Duration: 1 hour 50 minutes Frequency: Every 20-30 minutes depending on season First bus: 09:30 AM Last Bus: 5:00 PM
Palace Route Stops
- 1 - Opera
- 2 - Museum Quartier
- 3 - Museums/ Hofburg
- 4 - Haus des Meeres
- 5 - Mariahilfer Strade
- 6 - Schonbrunn Palace & Zoo
- 7 - Main Train Station
- 8 - Upper Belvedere
- 9 - Lower Belevedere
- 10 - The Hundertwasser House
- 11 - City Park
Palace Route Duration: : 1 hour 50 minutes Frequency: Every 20-30 minutes depending on season First bus: 09:30 AM Last Bus: 5:00 PM
Discover all of Vienna ́s famous palaces with our Palace Route option. You will see the famous Opera House, Museums Quartier, Hofburg Palace, Schönbrunn Palace, and the Belvedere Palace. Hop – off at any of the palaces and immerse yourself in breathtaking gardens that are free to enter. Along the route, you will also see the new modern Main Train Station (Hauptbahnhof), the Hundertwasser House, and the City Park.
Tour Highlights: Hofburg Palace – Schönbrunn Palace and Zoo – Belvedere Palace – Hundertwasser House – City Park
Duration: 1 hour 50 minutes
Frequency: Every 20 to 30 minutes
First Bus: 09:45
Last Bus: 17:15
Panoramic Evening Tour
Vienna is fascinating at any time of the day. However, in the evening the mood of the city is even more magical. Hop–on board and join us on our live guided evening tour to discover Austria’s capital from a completely new perspective. From the famous Ring Street in the city center to the Prater, The Danube, and the Schönbrunn Palace. This tour will show you all the major sights in 90 minutes.
Tour Highlights: Ring Street – Opera House – Parliament – Town Hall – Prater – Danube Canal – Shönbrunn Palace – Farmers Market
Duration: 90 minutes
First Bus: 18:30
Last Bus: One tour per day at 18:30
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Big Bus Vienna Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
- You will be sent a gate-ready Big Bus Ticket. Simply print it in advance or present it on your smartphone for boarding.
- A child ticket is available for children aged between 5 and 15 years. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Children aged 4 years and under may travel free of charge.
- All Children must be accompanied by an adult. Strollers must be folded and stowed on the lower deck.
- Luggage is not permitted on board the bus at this time.
- Big Bus runs every day of the year, except for New Year’s Eve. Occasionally severe weather and special event days could affect service.
- The tour company reserves the right to deviate from the route of a service where reasonably prudent to do so in the light of circumstances beyond the company’s control.
- Please note routes may be cancelled and operating times may change without notice.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Big Bus Vienna Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
Do I need to book a date or time for Big Bus?
Yes. To help control capacity, all guests must pre-book a date when purchasing tickets through Big Bus. Your Big Bus Ticket is gate-ready and guarantees use on any available Big Bus for the selected date.
How do I receive my tickets?
Your gate-ready ticket will be available to download as soon as your booking is paid. All you need to do is present your ticket on your mobile phone, or print at home before arriving at any one of the Big Bus stops.