Skip the Line Colosseum - Small Group Guided Tour with Arena Floor and Roman Forum
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the origin and the soul of Rome taking an essential, no-frills visit inside the most famous Roman landmarks, the Colosseum and its Arena, with the expertise of our art history licensed guide and the comfort of a small group tour.
Our guide to Skip the Line Colosseum - Small Group Guided Tour with Arena Floor and Roman Forum
Meet your guide and skip the lines to enter the world's most ancient, best preserved, and most photographed Arena. Our expert history guide will give you an introduction to the History of the Colosseum, the reason why it was built, the story of the famous “Roman Games” to celebrate victories over enemies, overseas conquers and the grandeur of the emperors, or simply keeping people’s minds busy during famines and hash times and will share stories of fights and famous fighters.
Discover the legends of the Gladiators as you visit the tribunes and imagine being an excited spectator or an Emperor while watching wild beasts or slave-turned-heroes fighting, deciding whether or not your winning bet had to “finalise” the defeated rival or let him die, just upon your thumb command.. up or down for life or death. After the classic visit inside the Colosseum, it will be time to take an authentic insider’s view of its majestic architecture by following your small group tour guide along the tiers and learning about the animals and gladiators.
Get to know the details of its enthralling brutal history: what mainly excited the crowds were the fights between gladiators, frequently slaves, criminals, or prisoners of war fighting for rich prizes or their freedom. Then enjoy a beautiful walk into the Roman Forum, the arch of Titus, the temple of Saturn, Vespasian, and Antoninus Pius are just some of the highlights.. an immense display of evocative ruins that used to be the social, political, and commercial hub of the Roman empire and as you wander through this impressive district of temples, basilicas and vibrant public spaces, immerse yourselves in the 2000 ago daily life and customs life of the biggest, powerful emperor of all times, learning the history of its fast rise and faster fall.
Our tour will end with a climb up to the – according to legend – founding spot of Rome, the Palatine hill where Romulus decided to build his Palace (a word coming from Palatine, in fact).
Duration: 3 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Skip the Line Colosseum - Small Group Guided Tour with Arena Floor and Roman Forum
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Children under 18 years must always be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum of 16 guests.
- Please let us know in advance of any special needs or impaired mobility so that we can try and accommodate.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
- Shorts, big bags and liquid bottles will not be allowed inside the museums.
- Even with the skip-the-line entrance, there is still a compulsory security check which may cause some delays in entering the Coliseum.
- Please note that the itinerary of the tour may vary according to the day scheduling you may visit first the Colosseum than the Roman Forum or viceversa.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.
- This tour takes approximately 3 hours.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 72 hours in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 72 hours of the scheduled departure or do not show for the tour, there is a 100% cancellation fee.