San Diego Whale & Dolphin Watching Cruise
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A truly magical whale-watching experience...
Witness nature first-hand as you relax and enjoy this incredible San Diego whale and dolphin watching cruise. Sail the open ocean on a comfortable yacht to see pods of dolphins, sea lions and the magnificent California gray whales on their annual journey from the Arctic to California's Baja Coast.
Our guide to San Diego Whale & Dolphin Watching Cruise
If you love whales, dolphins, sea lions, and sea birds, hop on board for a breathtaking experience on the open ocean spotting the incredible array of marine life that frequent the picturesque Southern California coastline.
Speed out to sea on a large, comfortable yacht, passing barking sea lions and pods of leaping dolphins on this 3.5 voyage where you'll stay cozy and comfortable with both indoor and outdoor seating and a snack bar featuring hot food, a full bar, and souvenirs.
Search for the legendary gray whales (winter) on their annual migration from Alaska to the warmer waters of the Baja Peninsula, Mexico and then again on their return North to their summer feeding grounds.
Gray Whales are renowned for migrating the longest distance of any mammal on Earth and some 20,000 of these magnificent mammals migrate annually.
Throughout the year various types of dolphins are encountered in the area, with some pods numbering into thousands and these playful locals regularly seek out the boat to show off their amazing acrobatic abilities!
Short-beaked and Long-beaked Common, Pacific Bottlenose, Rissos, and Pacific white-sided dolphins all live in the waters off San Diego.
Throughout the tour, you’ll be treated to a live narration by your experienced captain and an onboard naturalist (from the San Diego Natural History Museum).
What's more, if no whales are sighted, you will be given a voucher to use on another whale-watching cruise or San Diego harbour cruise!
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for San Diego Whale & Dolphin Watching Cruise
- All guests ages 12 and up must present proof of vaccination to board all vessels.
- Guests younger than 12 years of age do not need to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test result, but are required to wear face masks while cruising, except while eating and drinking while stationary. Masks may be removed while on outdoor deck spaces so long as guests are able to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others.
- All guests must wear face masks on board when moving around the vessel.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed onboard the yacht. There is a snack bar with adult beverages, soft drinks, hot and cold snacks, plus souvenirs available on board for purchases.
- Boarding starts 30 minutes before the cruise departure time. You must arrive before the schedule departure time as the cruise will not wait for latecomers.
- Infants aged 3 and under go free, however please advise they are travelling at time of booking.
- As this is a natural experience, whale sightings cannot be guaranteed. On the rare occasion that whales are not seen, you will be given a 'whale check' that is good to use on another whale watching cruise or San Diego harbour cruise.
- NOTE: The whale watching vessel cruises in the open ocean. Our yacht is the most comfortable yacht in San Diego, due to stabilizers that greatly reduce the yacht's motion.
- Dress Code: Casual (suggest layers) We recommend warm attire, including a coat.
- Meet at Pier Two, 970 N. Harbor Drive, San Diego CA. 92101. Harbor Dr at Broadway St.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off is not included. It is your responsibility to get to the boarding point.
- Cancellation policy - Cruises are non-refundable, sales are final. You have up to 48 hours prior to your departure date to reschedule. We do not compensate for any late arrivals or no-shows to a cruise.
Frequently Asked Questions for San Diego Whale & Dolphin Watching Cruise
- Is the ship wheelchair accessible?
The cruises do have accessible yachts in the fleet. However, not all yachts and decks are accessible. Please make us aware if you require any assistance at the time of booking so we can ensure accessibility for the date you are planning to cruise.