The Secrets of the Louvre
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Ancient Codes and Hidden Messages in the World’s Greatest Art Museum
Every day, thousands of people visit the Louvre without realising the secret agendas and hidden knowledge lurking in much of the art. In this unique tour, you dive into the magic and mysteries of the collection, investigating covert political messages and concealed meanings, sacred geometry, mystical beliefs, and even a few pyramids.
Our guide to The Secrets of the Louvre
Great art is full of great stories, but some are a little stranger than others. This half day tour takes you deep into the mysteries that surround many of the works of art in the Louvre with an expert guide who specialises in the weird, arcane, and esoteric.
You’ll meet them in front of the Louvre, then skip the long entrance lines and head straight into the museum, though not before you learn about the stunning glass pyramid that crowns the entrance and some of the controversy and legends that surround it.
Inside the museum, you’ll explore some of the lesser known parts of the collection while also taking in the main highlights. Is the Raft of the Medusaa masterpiece about cannibals? Who really posed for Leonardo da Vinci’s most famous paintings? What is sacred geometry and why were some of the greatest minds in history obsessed with it? This tour is full of history and mystery, dark deeds and Da Vinci codes, and even a conspiracy theory or two.
You’ll see the highlights of the collection and learn a lifetime of fascinating things about them. The difference on this tour is that you get to dive into some of the more controversial and mysterious theories surrounding the art. It’s a fun and engaging experience for both longtime art lovers and people who don’t usually visit art museums.
March - October.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The Secrets of the Louvre
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID. This is particularly important for guests who qualify for a student or child discount.
- This tour provides skip-the-line priority, but is subject to all procedures and security requirements.
- This skip-the-line tour enables you to skip the line if indeed there is one. Unfortunately, there is no way to foresee which days and times will produce lines and which will not and occasionally there may be no line at all. In general, long lines are common in the summer, on most weekends and during peak travel periods throughout the year (Christmas, Easter, local holidays).
- Please note, prices apply to everyone 2 years and older. Infants 0-1 years are free of charge and do not require a ticket but proof of child's age may be required.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Unfortunately this tour is unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments,wheelchairs or strollers.
- As with all museums, particular galleries of the Louvre museum may be closed without prior notice, or pieces may be removed for restoration or loan. In this case, your guide will make an appropriate substitution.
- To ensure the safety of visitors, French authorities enforce security measures upon entry to the attractions of Ile de la Cité. Suitcases, luggage, and larger bags are not allowed inside. Only bags smaller than 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm are permitted. Please accept our apologies for any delay or inconvenience caused by extra security checks.To ensure the safety of visitors, French authorities enforce security measures upon entry to the attractions of Ile de la Cité. Suitcases, luggage, and larger bags are not allowed inside. Only bags smaller than 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm are permitted. Please accept our apologies for any delay or inconvenience caused by extra security checks.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.