Versailles Full Day Independent Tour with Audio Guide
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Explore the magnificent, world-famous Gardens of Versailles
Full day trip to the Palace of Versailles. Time to visit the King and Queen’s Grand Apartments and reception rooms at your leisure with an audio guide. Free time to enjoy lunch and then discover the French gardens of the Palace of Versailles.
Our guide to Versailles Full Day Independent Tour with Audio Guide
The Palace of Versailles stretches for more than 721,000 square feet and has more than 700 rooms!
This ticket will give you access to the palace's most famous rooms, including the King's Grand Apartment, with seven salons each dedicated to a different god and the Queen's Grand Apartment, laid out in a mirror image of those of the king, including the Coronation Room and the Queen's Bedroom, once occupied by Marie Antoinette, among others.
Also see the stunning Hall of Mirrors, a huge room in which guests were received and impressed, dreamt up by the famous architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart.
Almost 240 feet-long, it was designed to amaze the Sun King's (Louis XIV) visitors and is lit by 17 windows and 350 mirrors. It also offers breathtaking views of the palace's beautiful gardens.
During this full day tour of Versailles, spend time discovering the gardens of Versailles and admire their artworks (more than 200 statues), fountains, ponds, flower beds and woodland. In Summer, a range of activities is staged in the gardens, such as the "Grandes Eaux," when the fountains are made to dance to music.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Versailles Full Day Independent Tour with Audio Guide
- Advanced reservations are required. Please detail your chosen date when booking.
- This is an unescorted tour. At the Palace of Versailles you be given an audio guide so you can explore the site on your own
- The Queen’s State Apartments are clsoed for renovation works
- High-heeled shoes are not recommended (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
- Strollers are not allowed inside the palace
- Access to the palace is difficult for those with reduced mobility
- Photography without flash is permitted inside the palace
- Once booked tickets are non refundable
- Cancellation policy: Free cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time). 1 calendar days prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time).
Versailles Full Day Independent Tour with Audio Guide Reviews
The outside of the Palace and grounds are absolutely brilliant and well worth a visit in their own right. Parts of the inside take your breath away ie Louis XIV chambers, the Hall of mirrors and Louis Phillippe’s Hall of French military successes. However due to the French Revolution and the ransacking of the Palace over time other parts are not so good. Having said that you will still have a great experience at the Palace of Versailles.
Paul Cosford reviewed Versailles Full Day Independent Tour with Audio Guide 12 Oct, 2022