Barcelona in a Day: La Sagrada Família, Casa Milà, Historic Center & Cathedral Rooftop
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This tour distills the finest elements of the culture, cuisine, history, and architecture of Barcelona into a single, unforgettable day that will immerse you in the life of the city, past and present. If you don’t have a lot of time but want to really get an insider’s view of the city, this is the perfect experience for you.
Our guide to Barcelona in a Day: La Sagrada Família, Casa Milà, Historic Center & Cathedral Rooftop
Join your local expert guide and a small group of 15 people or fewer and explore the beautiful city of Barcelona.
Before you go inside you will be able to snap a few pictures at the nicest viewpoint of the church, then take a stroll around to see the various facades of and learn why they look so different. As you tour the inside, your guide will tell you the Gaudí’s extraordinary life story and point out the elements and details that will give you a deep insight into the mind of one of the most unique geniuses of the 20th century. After a full tour of the sanctuary, including a peek into Gaudí’s crypt, you will also step into the museum to learn exactly how Gaudí planned this puzzle-box of a building and why his methods were truly groundbreaking.
Aside from the Sagrada Família, the houses that Gaudí designed in in the late 20th century are his most beloved works in Barcelona. For the next part of your tour, hop on a subway to get across town. En route, your guide will give you plenty of tips and hints on how to use public transport in the city and the best ways to get around. Back above ground, step out onto the Passeig de Gracia, which has the highest concentration of Art Nouveau architecture in Europe. Here you will see The Casa Batlló, the Casa Amatller, and the Casa Lleó Morera. As you study their facades your guide will point out the very Gaudí-esque details that you might miss and help you understand what makes each structure so special. All of this will help you put your next stop, the Casa Mila / La Pedrera, into context as you take a full tour of its stunning interior.
As you move through the organic, undulating rooms (try to find a right angle - we dare you) which still contain period furniture, you’ll get a feel for what it was actually like to live in a space designed by one of the greatest architects to ever live. No tour is complete without stepping onto the roof, which is arguably the best in Barcelona. Considered a masterpiece of outdoor sculpture, each chimney has been sculpted into a different totem, giving it the feel of an open-air art gallery.
After hopping back on the metro and taking a quick stroll down Barcelona’s most famous pedestrian street, La Rambla, you will break for lunch. It’s not included but your guide will give you recommendations on where to eat at any price point and taste, including some amazing stalls in the Boqueria Market. Your local guides will never recommend a spot where they wouldn’t eat themselves.
In the afternoon, reconvene in Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter for a stroll through the history of the City. Walking past Roman Walls that date back thousands of years, you will learn how this city went from a provincial fishing village to the heart of an entire region unified by a very hairy king.
Inside the beautiful Barcelona Cathedral - and after skipping any lines with your special access tickets! - you’ll enjoy a fully guided tour of the impressive space, before making your way up to the rooftop where majestic views over the city await.
Continuing on through the city you’ll explore some of its most beloved areas - such as Gaudí’s favorite square. You’ll also learn about Barcelona’s old Jewish community, the dark history of the Spanish Inquisition, and the Spanish Civil war as you visit spots like the Old Jewish Quarter, Sant Felip Neri Square, and the Plaça St Jaume. You’ll see the city’s second most iconic church in the neighborhood of El Born and a shop selling trinkets you won’t find anywhere else in the world; the only hint we’ll give you is that they’re an ode to Catalonians’ near obsession with the topic of digestion.
As your tour comes to a close, don’t forget to ask your guide for restaurant recommendations and suggestions for other things to see and do! Now that you’ve seen Barcelona in a day, the rest of the city is at your fingertips.
April - October.
7 hours - excluding lunch break
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Barcelona in a Day: La Sagrada Família, Casa Milà, Historic Center & Cathedral Rooftop
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change. without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Please remember that the attire must be appropriate for the Cathedral visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. It is sufficient to bring extra coverings (e.g scarf) with you to put them on before entering to the holy areas. We/your guide cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
- Please note there will be a security check before entering la Sagrada Familia.
- The rooftop terrace of Casa Mila might be inaccessible during heavy rain.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.