Sunday Jazz Brunch Cruise on the City of New Orleans
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Take a memorable cruise along the famous Mississippi...
Let the good times roll year-round with a jazz-themed brunch cruise as it winds down the mighty Mississippi. Explore the decks and let the sights and sounds of the French Quarter entice your senses - The Big Easy is waiting for you!
Our guide to Sunday Jazz Brunch Cruise on the City of New Orleans
After boarding the historic vessel to the delightful tunes of the Steamboat Stompers, this relaxing two-hour cruise will take you from the heart of the French Quarter back to when cotton was king and life was slow and graceful as the current on the Mississippi.
Experience the sights and sounds of river life that enchanted characters of history and literature - like Mark Twain's Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer - and see the bustling activity of America's second-largest port!
As well as the scenery, there is live narration and a traditional live jazz by some of the most talented musicians of the genre - The Steamboat Stompers. They will keep you entertained along the way, so all you have to do is sit back and soak up the unique atmosphere.
On top of all this , you will also enjoy a sumptuous buffet brunch whilst on board. Brunch is a staple in New Orleans life – a time to enjoy food, music, and refreshing beverages with friends and family.
Sample menu (subject to change without notice):
- Natchez Tossed Salad - Mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and croutons with a sugar cane vinaigrette
- Chicken and sausage gumbo - Made with a traditional Louisiana roux and served with rice
- Grillades and Grits - Pronounced "Grre-yahds" - a traditional Creole dish with braised beef and homemade gravy, over stone ground "corn" cooked to a smooth texture (grits)
- Crescent City Eggs
- Pain Perdu - the French Cousin of America's "French Toast"
- Turkey Sausage Patties
- O'Brien Potatoes
- Creole Steamed Spinach
- Mini Croissants and Biscuits
- Fruit Salad - Chopped seasonal fresh fruit
- Bananas Foster - -A New Orleans original! Freshly sliced bananas sautéed in butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and rum. Served warm atop vanilla ice cream
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding - A soufflé of local Leidenheimer French bread in rich custard with a decadent white chocolate sauce
- Coffee and Iced Tea
Boarding 11:00am, Cruising 11:30am - 1:30pm
Check in times
Please arrive a minimum of 15 minutes before departure time
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Sunday Jazz Brunch Cruise on the City of New Orleans
- The City of New Orleans decks, engine room and bars will be open for your enjoyment during the cruise.
- The cruise will always begin boarding at least one-half hour before departure time, and sail very closely "on time". It is best to arrive 30 minutes before departure or sooner.
- Children under 6 years have the cruise portion of their ticket free with a paid adult but will be charged for food.
- The City of New Orleans is unable to accommodate vegan, gluten free or kosher dietary requirements.
- Live narration of historical facts and highlights of the port.
- All menu items are prepared in a common kitchen. Steps are taken to minimize the likelihood of exposure to airborne gluten elements, but our menu is not recommended for those with gluten sensitive disorders. We can recommend items on our menu that are not prepared as gluten inclusive. For vegan or vegetarian guests, we can recommend those items not inclusive of meat ingredients or animal products. We are unable to prepare separate individual meals for these preferences/needs.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Sunday Jazz Brunch Cruise on the City of New Orleans
What time should I arrive so I don't miss the boat?
Boarding begins at least 30 minutes before departure time, and sail very closely "on time". It is best to arrive 30 minutes before departure or sooner.
Where can we park?
There are parking lots on Decatur Street that offer hourly rates on parking.
Does the cruise operate in bad weather?
Cruises are cancelled only when the Coast Guard determines there will be severe weather along the river. Seating is available indoors as well as covered areas on the deck.
What is the dress code?
Cruises are casual attire.