RIB Express Whale Watching Tour from Reykjavik
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The biggest whale watching boat in Iceland!
During this adventurous 2-hour RIB Express tour, we will take you out to get up close and personal with the magnificent whales of Faxaflói Bay. Admission to the Whales of Iceland exhibition is included in the price for the tour and the Puffin Islands are visited in the summertime!
Our guide to RIB Express Whale Watching Tour from Reykjavik
A 12-meter-long boat allows you to get very close to the animals in a way that’s extra safe for both you and the whales. When you head out into the bay, it’s a fast, thrilling ride with the wind in your hair – we have a comfortable cruising speed of 32 knots so you have plenty of time out in the whales’ feeding grounds.
On the way back to the harbour, you take a scenic route along the coast of Reykjavík, a perfect photo opportunity! In summer (May-August) you also stop by the puffin island Akurey to catch a glimpse of these adorable seabirds that live around the coast of Iceland during their nesting season.
Before or after your tour we recommend that you stop by the whales of Iceland exhibition in the harbour area as the admission is included with the Rib Express tour.
The RIB was custom built in the UK and has been equipped with suspension seating, or “shock seats”, for extra safety and comfort while onboard. These shock seats are scientifically proven to provide a more cushioned ride than any other type of seats, meaning a more comfortable ride.
To keep you cosy and safe, we provide everyone with warm flotation suits, life vests, gloves, and goggles. On every tour, you have an expert, experienced guide who will provide information about the animals and the bay in English. Just don’t forget your camera – this will be a true wildlife adventure!
15th April - 31st October.
9:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm and 4:00pm.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for RIB Express Whale Watching Tour from Reykjavik
- The tour is dependent on weather and sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- Weather and sea conditions can be unpredictable during the winter months. Boat captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort.
- Admission to the Whales of Iceland exhibition is included. Please note that the exhibition is open every day from 10am to 5pm and is in about 15 min walking distance from the harbour
- Please note that this tour is not recommended for pregnant women, people with back problems or severe heart conditions, children under 10 years or people under 130 cm.
- Please note that you will be asked to read & sign a safety waiver from our ticket office before departure.r
- This tour follows IceWhale code of conduct for responsible whale watching.
- Children aged 0-6 years old may participate in the tour for free.
- You will be asked to show a valid form of photo ID upon arrival for check-in.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.