Boat-Hopping On The Amalfi Coast: Day Trip from Rome
- 1 reviews rated 5 stars
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy homemade limoncello overlooking the stunning Amalfi Coast
Experience the stunning Amalfi Coast from the sea as you spend a day exploring the various towns along this storied stretch of coastline. From the buzzing streets of Positano to peaceful boat rides through crystal clear water and a limoncello tasting at a beautiful lemon grove; you'll get to enjoy all the highlights of the coast during this mini-vacation.
Our guide to Boat-Hopping On The Amalfi Coast: Day Trip from Rome
Step off the well-trodden tourist path on the Amalfi Coast and see it from a whole new perspective - the water. This day trip from Rome gives you the best views of both the dramatic coastline and the beautiful towns of the Amalfi Coast, with a mix of land and sea travel. (Don't worry though - there's still plenty of time left for walking!)
Your day starts early in Rome's Termini train station where you'll meet with your coordinator and small group. From there you'll catch a high-speed train to Salerno and begin your day of sun, sea and sightseeing!
A ferry ride takes you along the stunning Amalfi Coast, where you'll pass jewel-box towns clinging to high cliffs, and see plenty of sights few non-locals ever get to see - so don't forget to take plenty of pictures!
Stop off at Amalfi Town and leave the world behind as you ascend a beautiful cliffside lemon grove overlooking the sea. Here you’ll enjoy a demonstration and tasting of one of the regions most beloved products; the sweet, tangy liqueur called limoncello. You'll also get to indulge in some homemade treats from the region such as freshly made lemon cookies and lemon cake. With plenty of time to explore, you will return to the streets of Amalfi for a little strolling, shopping and snacking.
Take in the epic coastline once again as another ferry ride takes you to the neighboring town of Positano. After a short introduction from your guide with tips on all of Positano's best spots, you'll have free time to explore the town on your own. Renowned as one of the prime vacation spots for Hollywood stars, this small fishing village has something for everyone. Shop in the fashionable boutiques, enjoy a lunch bursting with fresh, local ingredients, and be sure to pack swimwear so you can take a quick dip in the rejuvenating waters. Finally your day will end with a boat trip back to Salerno where you'll catch a high-speed train to Rome.
With breathtaking views and delicious specialties, this Amalfi Coast Day Trip is one of the best ways to discover three stunning coastal towns.
Sites Visited: Amalfi Coast Positano Amalfi Town Private Lemon Grove Salerno (briefly)
Varies, please see calendar.
Around 13 hours (including train trips from and to Rome).
Average 5 out of 5 (1 customer reviews)
Amazing day with professional guide!
- Boat-Hopping On The Amalfi Coast Day Trip from Rome
Trusted Customer reviewed Boat-Hopping On The Amalfi Coast Day Trip from Rome 31 Oct, 2022
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Boat-Hopping On The Amalfi Coast: Day Trip from Rome
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change wihout notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off is NOT included. Please meet your guide at Piazza dei Cinquecento, just outside the entrance to the Café Vyta, by the train station entrance/exit along Via Marsala
- Please note that lunch is not included in this service. You will have free time to eat at Positano and your guide will be happy to recommend places to eat a full sit-down meal or to grab something quick while shopping.
- There are approx 180-200 steps to climb to reach the lemon farm (you can opt for free time in Amalfi Coast instead). If weather conditions doesn't permit the visit we will do a limoncello tasting in Amalfi Town instead.
- If the boat doesn't run due to weather conditions your tour will continue via private bus instead.
- Infants (over 24 months) need to book the child ticket price.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.
Frequently Asked Questions for Boat-Hopping On The Amalfi Coast: Day Trip from Rome
Can I enjoy a swim on this tour?
Yes! Although be aware that there is not always a lifeguard on duty in the areas you might want to swim so you will be getting in the water at your own risk. The beach is public but the changing facilities cost 50 cents to use (charge subject to change).
Is lunch included?
No. Your guide will give you a few great recommendations for lunch spots and give you plenty of time, but where and what you eat is up to you.