Montserrat and Sitges Full Day Tour
From Mountain to Sea
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy a full day tour experiencing the magical mountain of Montserrat and the scenic fisherman's village of Sitges on the Catalan Coast.
Our guide to Montserrat and Sitges Full Day Tour
Board a coach from Barcelona to the magical mountain of Montserrat. Famous for its peculiar morphology, its name comes from the Catalan words Mont (mountain) and Serrat (serrated). World-famous for its rocky geography, Montserrat beautiful scenery was declared National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural wealth.
Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. A community of 80 monks currently lives and follow the rule of Saint Benedict in Montserrat. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. To this day, their woodcarving is kept in the Church of the monastery, which you will be able to visit. The figure is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) as a result of a varnish reaction.
Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can follow. You will be given free time to taste the finest liquors, shop for locally produced treats or visit the audio-visual exhibition once the guided tour finishes.
Meet again with your guide and head towards Sitges. This fisherman’s village is one of the most beautiful towns of the Catalan coast. See its narrow streets, beautiful beaches and vibrant cultural life. Follow your guide for a walking tour of this quaint town and learn about its history. Enjoy the free time provided and explore the streets on your own.
About 9 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Montserrat and Sitges Full Day Tour
- This tour operates in all weather conditions. Montserrat also has a mountain climate, please dress appropriately.
- Please note this activity includes walking long distances. Wear appropriate attire.
- The tour company reserves the right to change the itinerary or cancel the tour due to events being celebrated in the city or force majeure reasons.
- Please check the schedule for the facilities you wish to visit at the site.
- A dress code is required to enter religious venues. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. No flip flops permitted.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 72 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours of tour date.