Auschwitz-Birkenau with Hotel Pick-up Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience a profound and educational journey with the Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour, including convenient hotel pick-up. This guided tour offers a meaningful and respectful visit to this UNESCO World Heritage Site, ensuring that we never forget the lessons of history.
Our guide to Auschwitz-Birkenau with Hotel Pick-up Tour
Auschwitz is a haunting site of epic genocide where approximately 1.5 million people were killed during WWII's Holocaust. Today, as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it poignantly commemorates the lives of those who died within its walls and fences and is a must-see when visiting Krakow.
Established in 1940, the Auschwitz-Birkenau complex is a network of German Nazi concentration camps built and operated by the Third Reich in Poland and throughout its five years of operation, was a place of systematic extermination with the majority of victims being Jews, along with Poles, Gypsies, Russian POWs and members of other nationalities.
The Martyrdom Museum was founded in 1947 covering the area of KL Auschwitz (Auschwitz I) in OÅwiÄcim and the Birkenau camp (Auschwitz II) in Brzezinka. It comprises approximately 150 buildings and 300 ruins and the original roads, fences, watchtowers and railway ramps have all been preserved. What's more, the buildings house the collection of original exhibits and documents.
Your tour to Auschwitz-Birkenau, includes a visit to Auschwitz I - the administrative centre of Auschwitz death camp - and Auschwitz II, designed and constructed quite simply as an execution facility.
As you explore the gas chambers, crematoriums and exhibition halls which are located inside the old prison blocks, listen closely as your guide sensitively explains the who, how, where, when and why of this haunting place and the key events in its history.
About 7 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Auschwitz-Birkenau with Hotel Pick-up Tour
- All bookings for this tour are on a request basis - please allow 72 hours to confirm this tour.
- Full names of all passengers are required at time of booking.
- Please note valid photo ID is REQUIRED to enter, please take with you on the tour.
- Your chosen start time may not be final! In such case, the supplier will inform you about it at least one day before the tour via WhatsApp or email. A refund is not possible for a change of time.
- The allowed dimensions of a bag you can take with you for the exhibition are 30x20x10 (A4 size).
- The transport is shared for a minimum of 2 passengers and a maximum of 8 passengers in each car. If you are a larger group of 9+ people, you will be split into smaller groups.
- According to Polish law children up to 12 years old or under the height of 1.5m are obliged to travel in baby seat or booster seat. These will be provided free of charge.
- You MUST provide photo ID and may be refused entrance if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID.
- Please be waiting at the pick-up location at least 15 minutes prior to allocated time. Being late might prevent you from taking part in the tour.
- Eating, smoking and photography inside the buildings as well as acting in a loud manner is forbidden at the site.
- Comfortable shoes and clothes suitable for the elements is required. A lot of the walking is outside, so please take umbrellas for rainy forecast.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.