The Ultimate Helicopter Tour
- Free cancellations*
- 34 booked
- 2 reviews rated 5 stars
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The Ultimate Tour of New York City!
Take to the skies on one of the most popular tours and experience the island of Manhattan in its full glory! Whilst seated in comfort, enjoy an aerial view of New York from a helicopter on this 17-20 minute tour. Enjoy the views of George Washington Bridge, the New Jersey Palisades and Yankee Stadium on non-game days, as well as all the famous sights of Manhattan.
Our guide to The Ultimate Helicopter Tour
Seated in comfort, take in an extended flight up the Hudson River travelling all the way to the northernmost point of Manhattan. Behold the man-made miracle of the George Washington Bridge and nature’s miraculous New Jersey Palisades.
From above the Hudson, landmarks such as Yankee Stadium (on non-game days), the Cathedral of St. John the Divine and Columbia University can be seen. Naturally, you'll also get to view the immense Central Park, the iconic Empire State Building, the delightful Chrysler Building and other famed Manhattan sights such as the One World Observatory, the Rockefeller Center and the Statue of Liberty!
Your journey in the sky will take you up the Hudson River past sites including (Subject to change without notice):
- Statue of Liberty
- Ellis Island
- One World Trade Center
- Chrysler Building
- Empire State Building
- Chelsea Piers
- The Intrepid
- Central Park
- Times Square
- Columbia University
- Grant's Tomb
- Yankee Stadium
- The Palisades
- George Washington Bridge
- Northern Tip of Manhattan
Daily, closed on Sundays.
9.00am-5.30pm and 10.00am - 4.00pm during the winter months (January and February).
Average 5 out of 5 (2 customer reviews)
Overall, a really well organisged and good experience
- The Ultimate Helicopter Tour
Trusted Customer reviewed The Ultimate Helicopter Tour 26 Sep, 2022
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The Ultimate Helicopter Tour
- There is a combined Security Fee/Passenger Service Charge of $40 per person that has been included in the price you have paid.
- Only cameras, mobile phones and wallets are permitted on the helicopters. Bags/purses must be locked up. Complimentary lockers are also available on-site to safely lock your belongings while flying.
- The Ultimate Helicopter Tour is a shared flight. Each flight accommodates up to 6 people, depending on the helicopter used
- New York Helicopter Tours will only be cancelled when it is unsafe to fly, they will not be cancelled if the weather is overcast.
- If your Helicopter Tour is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be offered an alternative time and date to fly. If you are unable to re-schedule for a suitable time/date that fits with your plans, your ticket voucher will be given a weather stamp and you will receive a full refund.
- There is no minimum age, although infants under 2 years of age must sit on an adult's lap. There is no charge for infants.
- Children who look like they could be 2 years old may be asked for proof of age due to FAA regulations.
- Please note flight times are on request.
- Valid government-issued photo identification must be presented by all passengers and guests.
- All bags are subject to inspection.
- All passengers are required to receive a safety briefing before flying.
- Once your reservation is complete with NY Heli, your exact time will be confirmed. If the time you have requested is not available, we will contact you to offer an alternative time.
- Failure of any passenger to comply with the request or instruction of HeliNY staff will result in refusal to board the aircraft.
- There is a maximum weight allowance per passenger of 275lbs.
- You must arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for The Ultimate Helicopter Tour
- Do I need to book a date for my New York Helicopter Tour in advance?
Yes. Due to the huge popularity of this experience, most time slots are booked out in advance
- Where do the New York Helicopter Tours depart from?
The New York Helicopter Tours depart daily from the Downtown Heliport, Pier 6 and the East River. The location is at the southern tip of Manhattan.
- How many people can ride in a helicopter?
Each helicopter seats up to 6,7 or 12 passengers plus the pilot.
- What happens if my New York Helicopter Tour is cancelled due to weather?
If your New York Helicopter tour is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be offered an alternative time and date to fly. If you are unable to re-schedule for a suitable time/date that fits with your plans, we will be able to refund you in full on your return home.
- Is there a minimum age requirement?
There is no minimum age, although infants under 2 years of age must sit on adult's lap. There is no charge for infants.
- Is there a maximum weight allowance?
Yes, the maximum weight allowance for a passenger is 275lbs.