Giethoorn Day Trip from Amsterdam
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover Giethoorn, a fairy-tale village that’s famous for having no roads or cars. Cruise through the beautiful canals and enjoy the enchanting sights during the Giethoorn day trip.
Our guide to Giethoorn Day Trip from Amsterdam
Giethoorn is a peaceful village in the province Overijssel that is often referred to as the “Little Venice” of the Netherlands, due to its numerous waterways and the absence of roads and cars. Its beautiful canals, picturesque wooden bridges, and farmhouses with centuries-old thatched roofs give it a unique fairy-tale vibe.
This day trip will take you from Amsterdam to Giethoorn by bus, where you will cruise the canals by boat and have time to explore the town on your own. Get your tickets now and discover this enchanting village during this tour from Amsterdam!
As most of Giethoorn is only accessible by boat, it has become famous for being a village without roads. It borders the Weerribben-Wieden National Park, which is the largest fen in north western Europe. During the trip, you’ll see the beautiful waterways and old farmhouses that line their banks and experience the peace, tranquillity, and natural beauty of this magical place.
You will also have free time to explore this fairy-tale village without roads on your own and take pictures. Besides its fame as a village without roads, Giethoorn village is also known for its excellent restaurants where you'll be able to eat some lunch (not included).
About 9 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Giethoorn Day Trip from Amsterdam
- You will be sent a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Please be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the tour begins.
- Children aged 3 and under travel free.
- The guide speaks English and Spanish.
- This tour is not suitable for guests in wheelchairs or with mobility issues.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 72 hours in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 72 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee. Cancellations need to be requested in writing and must be confirmed by the supplier in writing.