Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour with Hotel Pick-up Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A visit to the legendary Wieliczka Salt Mine in Krakow is a must-do. See one of the oldest salt mines in Europe, with its carvings of fabulous figures, monuments and altarpieces such as the Chapel of St Kinga. To top it off, enjoy transportation from your hotel.
Our guide to Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour with Hotel Pick-up Tour
The “Wieliczka” Salt Mine is one of the most valuable monuments of material and spiritual culture in Poland and is product of multiple generations of miners who hand-carved it from blocks of salt. And this subterranean world of pits, tunnels and huge rooms have to be seen to be believed!
The first tourist trail in Wieliczka was established as early as at the turn of the 19th century and a few hundred years later the salt mine was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site (1978).
Nowadays the route consists of 20 monumental chambers joined by 1.5 miles (2.5 kilometers) of pathways although the whole underground labyrinth stretches over 9 levels and descends 327 meters below the surface of the Earth.
Your guided tour takes you from 210 to 440 feet (approximately 64 to 135 meters) down, passing through galleries and chambers where traces of mining activity have been preserved. Along the way, you will also see many examples of sacred art and themed compositions relating to the history of the mine and legends.
One of the undoubted highlights is the spectacular Chapel of the Blessed Kinga - a huge, underground church where everything, from the chandeliers to the altarpieces, have been chiseled out of salt. Spectacular!
Also, don't miss the world's largest mining heritage museum with a collection encompassing unique pieces of mining equipment reflecting the development of mining techniques from the Middle Ages until today.
What happens on the day?
Pick-ups will be from selected hotels based within Krakow City (please advise your hotel at time of booking) in a shared van of up to 8 people maximum. You will then travel to the Salt Mine for a 3-hour guided tour in a group of up to 30 people before heading back to Krakow where you will be dropped off back at your hotel.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour with Hotel Pick-up Tour
- You will receive a voucher upon confirmation. Please follow the instructions on it.
- Time slots may change due to guide availability, seasonal variations, road conditions etc. It is advisable to book this tour earlier on in your trip in case of last-minute amendments made locally.
- Your chosen start time may not be final! In such case, the supplier will inform you about it at least one day before the tour via WhatsApp or email. A refund is not possible for a change of time.
- Pick-ups are available from the locations advised - please select your chosen pick-up time of booking.
- Please reconfirm your tour locally at least 24 hours beforehand. Details are provided on your voucher.
- It is recommended to be ready and waiting at the agreed location at least 15 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
- Present your voucher to the guide at the start of the tour.
- According to Polish law children up to 12 years old or under the height of 1.5m are obliged to travel in a baby seat or booster seat. These will be provided free of charge.
- Please note, this may not be suitable for people that suffer with claustrophobia.
- The Salt Mine tour requires lots of walking and climbing stairs and isn't suitable for those with mobility issues.
- Please note, there are 800 steps to climb in the Salt Mine, of which, 350 are at the beginning to take you down into the mine. Although this walk is not overly strenuous it should be considered when booking this tour.
- Maximum bag size: 35 cm x 20 cm x 20 cm
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations outside of 72 hours prior to tour date. 100% cancellation charges will apply if cancelled within this time.