Melbourne Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Flight with Sparkling Breakfast
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience the magic of a Melbourne sunrise from a hot air balloon!
Enjoy an early morning balloon flight over the beautiful city of Melbourne. Get a bird's-eye view of famous spots and finish off this classic Melbourne experience with a tasty buffet breakfast at the Pullman Melbourne on the Park.
Our guide to Melbourne Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Flight with Sparkling Breakfast
Begin your day with the cozy sensation of hot air filling the balloon, the excitement of watching the sun rise over the iconic city of Melbourne, gliding serenely above the Yarra River, and then savour a delicious buffet breakfast at the luxurious 5-star Pullman Melbourne on the Park hotel.
Meet the Global team 1.5 hours before sunrise (your time will be confirmed the night before) at the Pullman Melbourne on the Park hotel. Here you will have a short flight safety briefing and one last weather-check in readiness for your flight.
Next, you will be driven to the launch site which is determined by the wind direction on the morning. It takes about 30 minutes to inflate your balloon. You can assist with setup or capture the sunrise moments with photos. The pilot uses an inflation fan to fill the balloon with cold air, and once it's inflated but still resembles a beached whale, they ignite the burner with gas. Now, it's time to board!
As the sun rises, you'll gradually ascend into the sky for roughly an hour. Passengers frequently express their surprise at the sense of security and the almost imperceptible sensation of motion. Throughout the flight, your pilot will guide you on an aerial tour of Melbourne, its skyline, and surroundings. Since the flight path depends on the wind direction, you might find yourself drifting above skyscrapers, suburbs, or a mix of both. Your pilot will ascend and descend, reaching altitudes of up to 3000 feet, using the wind's direction and speed at different levels to navigate the balloon. Keep your camera at the ready to capture the breathtaking sights!
Your pilot will select a landing spot based on conditions and suitability. The Global ground crew will welcome you upon landing. You can participate deflating the balloon by rolling over the top of the envelope to help release the air or observe from a distance.
After everything is wrapped up, you will return to the meeting point to enjoy a delightful buffet breakfast at the Pullman Melbourne on the Park. Plus, your pilot will upload complimentary photo memories of your adventure on the Global Ballooning mobile app for you to easily download.
Daily between September and June. This flight does not operate on 25th December.
1.5 hours before sunrise (to be confirmed the evening before the flight departure).
Approximately 4-4.5 hours, including driving to the launch site, setting up/packing down the balloon, the flight, driving back to the meeting place and finishing off with breakfast.
Pullman Melbourne on the Park, 192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne (near the MCG).
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Melbourne Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Flight with Sparkling Breakfast
- All balloon flights are weather-dependent as we need to ensure it is safe to fly you based on the conditions. This will be determined by your pilot.
- This tour departs prior to sunrise, it can be extremely cold depending on the time of year, so layered clothing is recommended which can be removed as the day warms up. Wear clothes for hiking, including sturdy shoes, warm socks and a cap, sunglasses. Make sure you have pockets with zips so you can keep items safe.
- Ballooning is an audience participation activity and you will be encouraged to assist with the setup and pack away of the balloon, so please be aware that clothing may get stained or dirty. Please note: Global Ballooning will not be responsible for clothing that is stained or damaged as a part of this adventure activity.
- The balloon does have an accessible basket with a door and a seat inside that holds 10 passengers (with a maximum of 2 passengers able to be seated). It is not guaranteed that we use this basket each morning we fly; therefore, it is your responsibility to enquire prior to booking to ensure it is available & that we hold this for you once you have a confirmed booking. You will be required to fill in and send back our Easy Access Basket terms and conditions which will be emailed to you on request.
- Children under 6 years of age are not catered for.
- You are to be dropped back at the Pullman on the Park hotel after your flight.
- Cameras are welcome but are carried at your own risk.
- The burners can radiate heat so a hat is recommended.
- Do not bring any bags as these will not be allowed on the balloon. You can leave them in the ground crew vehicle whilst on your flight or leave them at home/in your hotel.
- High-heeled shoes, thongs/flip flops and open-toe shoes are NOT suitable. - Feet can get wet and cold in the early morning dew, so perhaps bring a change of socks.
- You must download the Global Ballooning mobile APP prior to the night before your flight. By 6pm the night before you will find out if the flight is proceeding and the exact meeting time. Failure to do so may result in miscommunication and failure to fly, forfeiting your booking altogether.
- There is discounted undercover parking available at the meeting place (Pullman Melbourne on the Park Hotel – 192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne) up until 11am at a rate of $10. Please see the concierge after your flight to pay for your parking. Note: After 11am, the fullday parking rate will apply.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 7 days of your chosen activity date. AUD100.00 per person cancellation fee will be charged for bookings cancelled 7-3 days prior to travel. - No refund if the booking is cancelled 48 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no-show. If your flight is cancelled, the breakfast will not take place. The package will be re-booked as a whole.