Wonders of Snæfellsnes
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Immerse yourself in the enchanting beauty of Snæfellsnes National Park, where stunning landscapes, mystical folklore, and natural wonders converge in a single breath taking destination.
Our guide to Wonders of Snæfellsnes
There is something so otherworldly about Snæfellsnes that Icelanders often associate it with spiritual experiences and folk tales. This tour provides an insight and spectacular views of this unique area where geological wonders boarder on the magical.
The Snæfellsnes peninsula in the West of Iceland is almost like a miniature version of the entire island. The area has beautiful samples of some of the natural wonders Iceland is so famous for. This includes black beaches, magnificent mountains, volcanic craters, incredible birdlife, magical caves, and of course, the most picturesque glacier of them all, Snæfellsjökull.
This tour stops at the small fishing village of Arnarstapi and provides real insight into quintessential volcanic craters. Along the way you’ll get great views of the iconic Kirkjufell mountain and the dark cliffs and black sand of Djúpalónssandur bay are a favourite among photographers.
In the middle of this beautiful peninsula sits Snæfellsjökull, the stunning glacier that has captured the imagination of people all over the world, including Jules Verne who began his 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' at Snæfellsjökull glacier. The tour offers numerous views of this beautiful landmark. It is after all the real star of the show.
About 12 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Wonders of Snæfellsnes
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure..
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- Children 0-3 years (9-18kg) of age must use an appropriate child's car seats.
- Children 3 or 4 years and older (over 18 kg) can use the normal seat belts on our buses.
- This tour requires has a easy-moderate difficulty level and guests should be in reasonable health. Please check with your doctor prior if you have any medical issues.
- Warm clothing, waterproof jacket and sturdy shoes are recommended. Thermals are suggested for colder days.
- Please take water with you as this will not be provided on the tour.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations/ amendments made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Wonders of Snæfellsnes
What is Snæfellsnes National Park?
Snæfellsjökull national park was established in 2001, and it covers about 170 km2 of the westmost tip of the Snæfellsnes peninsula. The park is named after the beautifully shaped and infamous stratovolcano and glacier Snæfellsjökull, the crown of the national park.
What language is the Wonders of Snæfellsnes tour in?
The guide will do the tour in English.
Clothing & Accessories
What should I wear on the Wonders of Snæfellsnes tour?
It is best to dress according to the weather. Warm clothes, waterproof jacket and sturdy shoes are best, but it is also recommended to have thermal layers, hat, scarf, gloves and warm socks for colder days.