Sydney Opera House Guided Backstage Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Come on in, you're invited to a backstage tour of the Sydney Opera House!
Sweep back the curtains and explore behind the scenes with your personal guide and find out what really goes on beyond the spotlight. Revealing industry secrets that you will not hear anywhere else, this is a tour not to be missed!
Our guide to Sydney Opera House Guided Backstage Tour
Have you ever dreamed of taking centre stage in an iconic performance venue that’s famous throughout the world? Treading the very same boards as the likes of Cate Blanchett, Luciano Pavarotti, Ella Fitzgerald and Dame Joan Sutherland? On a Sydney Opera House Backstage Tour, you’ll do all that and more.
Beyond the curtain, lies the hidden narrative. Step behind the scenes and immerse yourself in the inner workings of the House. Embark on a backstage journey that leads you through the labyrinthine corridors, rehearsal studios, and even into the orchestra pit.
Traverse the same paths trodden by countless actors, performers, and renowned celebrities. From the pulleys to the professionals, sequins to sound-checks, venture into the concealed nooks and crannies known only to the privileged few. Here, you will unveil a world-renowned icon and experience a world-class performance venue like never before.
Then, once you’ve uncovered just a few of the mysteries of the backstage world and had your fill of insider secrets, you’ll enjoy breakfast in the exclusive domain of the cast and crew, the Green Room.
For lovers of dance, opera, theatre and performing arts of all kinds, a Backstage Tour at the Sydney Opera House is a once-in-a-lifetime experience you won’t soon forget.
Varies, please see the calendar.
7.00am sharp (meet at 6.45am at Stage Door).
Around 2 hours.
Stage Door located on Vehicle Concourse, Sydney Opera House.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Sydney Opera House Guided Backstage Tour
- Tour departs at 7.00am sharp, you must be at 6.45am at Stage Door. Latecomers will not be permitted on the tour.
- If you bring any large items, i.e luggage or backpacks – please be aware that it is compulsory for you to put these items in the cloakroom.
- On the Backstage Tour you will climb around 300 steps as you move through foyers and spaces. While there are railings and a number of rests throughout the tour when the guide shares the stories, you will not have the opportunity to sit for any long period of time during the tour until you reach House Canteen to enjoy your morning breakfast.
- For safety, flat, enclosed, rubber-soled shoes must be worn on this tour or you may be refused entry on the tour.
- Videoing is not allowed. There are plenty of photo opportunities. Your tour guide will advise you if photos are not to be taken at any point.
- Unfortunately, disabled access is not available on the Backstage Tour.
- This tour is available for adults, as well as children aged between 10 and 15 years who must be accompanied by an adult at all times. For safety reasons, children under the age of 10 are not able to take part in the tour
- Hotel transfers are NOT included. Please meet at the Stage Door, located on Vehicle Concourse, Sydney Opera House.
- The Backstage Tour is currently only available in English.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 24 hours of your chosen activity date. No refund if the booking is cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no-show.