Astronomical Observation Ticket Only
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Turn dreams into reality with stargazing on Mount Teide.
Embark on a stargazing journey with a certified astronomical guide on Mount Teide. Professional telescopes unveil celestial mysteries, offering a firsthand view of fascinating objects beneath Teide's pristine sky. Discover 83 of the 88 recognized constellations and savour the Milky Way's brilliance.
Our guide to Astronomical Observation
Join us for a unique stargazing experience on Teide at night. From the cable car base station's car park at 2,536 meters, you'll have access to long-range, professional telescopes. The exceptional astronomical equipment, combined with the pristine, light pollution-free skies of Teide National Park in Tenerife, will make you feel as though you're on the doorstep of the stars, providing an unforgettable experience.
In the past, Mount Teide served as a vital reference point for mariners navigating the Atlantic, while the Guanches, Tenerife's original inhabitants, viewed it as the dwelling place of fire. These shepherds used the mountain peaks for communal grazing during the summer and utilized volcanic formations for shelter and burial. At night, our guides will teach you celestial navigation under the starry sky, and if you're passionate about Greek mythology and constellations, this Teide stargazing experience unveils the hidden elements of Hellenic mythology within the constellations and their interconnected stories.
Use our state-of-the-art telescopes to discover planets, galaxies or clusters as you have always dreamt of doing, and stargaze in one of the three best places on Earth to do it. Not only will you be able to use these machines during this stargazing experience on Teide by night to take a tour through the night’s most interesting celestial objects but also our monitors will provide you with relevant information about the objects that you will see through the lens.
- Teide Cable Car base station, at km 43 of the TF-21 motorway.
- Times vary depending on the time of year and are adjusted to the sunset time.
- Approx 1 hour
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Astronomical Observation Ticket Only
- The schedule varies throughout the year, depending on the sunset time. Once you have formalised your reservation, we will inform you of the start time.
- Meet at the Teide Cable Car base station, at km 43 of the TF-21 motorway. Please, wait for a member of the Volcano Teide team to welcome you at the closed access gate.
- Children under 8 are not allowed to participate in the astronomical observation activity. Documentation will be required for proof of age.
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing and proper footwear.
- If you have health problems, consult with your doctor before undertaking this activity.
- Bring plenty of water with you
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 24 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 24 hours.