Disney Park Reservations - Required for Walt Disney World Visits until 8 January 2024
Get Ready to discover Walt Disney World in Florida. Here are some of the key things to know before you go. Walt Disney World may be different from the last time you visited. But together with Disney, you can find new ways to create magical moments - and memories to treasure.
Top Things You Should Know As You Prepare to Visit:
Disney Park Reservations
- For visits from now until 8 January 2024, both a valid Disney Ticket AND a date-specific theme park reservation are required to enter a Disney Theme Park
- For visits after 9 January 2024 no theme park reservations are needed! Just a valid Disney ticket is all you need to enter a Disney Park.
Additional Disney Park Information
- Park Hopper hours will start at 2.00pm each day and end at the park’s scheduled close time. The ability to visit another park will be subject to the park’s capacity limitations.
- Disney Water Parks are subject to seasonal closure each year for maintenance and refurbishment. Disney Magic Tickets will include admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach or Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, whichever is open
- The My Disney Experience App and Disney Genie Service will help you make the most of the magic
Theme Park Reservation Availability
If you are visiting Walt Disney World between now and 8 January 2024, before you visit a Disney Park, you need to make a Disney Park reservation for each day of your ticket using the Disney Park Pass System.
Making your Disney Park Reservations is easy! Upon completion of your Disney Ticket booking a Disney Ticket Confirmation will be uploaded to your Customer Account. Use this Disney Ticket Confirmation reference to start making your theme park reservations by following the steps below.
TOP TIP: We highly recommend that you make your Disney Park reservations as soon as you receive either your Disney Ticket Confirmation, as Disney Park availability can change until the reservation is finalised.
How It Works
Here’s how to use the Disney Park Pass system - and start planning for your visit to Walt Disney World in Florida.
Step 1: Link Your Admission to Your Disney Account
To get started, you’ll need your Disney Ticket Confirmation which you can find in your Customer Account.
- First, you’ll need an account on My Disney Experience which is where your Walt Disney World plans are stored and managed. Create an account or sign in to your existing account
- Then, link your valid Disney Ticket Confirmation to your Disney account
- Please use the My Disney Experience website NOT the My Disney Experience App to set up your account and link your Disney Ticket Confirmation
Once your Disney booking is linked to your My Disney Experience account, you can begin to make a Disney Park reservation.
Step 2: Create Your Party
When you begin to make a reservation, you’ll be prompted to create your party from your Family & Friends list.
- Simply select the family and friends you’d like to include, then select “Continue”
- Don’t see someone in your travel party? Select “Add a Guest” to include them
Step 3: Select a Date and Disney Park
Choose the date and the Disney theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability. After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:
- Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
- Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
- Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
- Confirm your reservation.
Step 4: Review and Confirm Your Plans
Carefully review and confirm your selected park and date.
- If you need to make any changes, select “Back” to revise your selections.
- Before confirming, you’ll need to agree to the Terms & Conditions. Then, select “Confirm” to complete your park reservation.
- Once confirmed, your Disney Park reservation will appear in My Plans.
Want to make another Disney Park reservation? Select “Make Another Reservation” to continue planning. As a reminder, if you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
Your new reservation(s) will appear in My Plans - both online and in the My Disney Experience app.
If you need to cancel a reservation, view your daily itinerary in My Plans, then select “Reservation Details”.
The 'Park Hopping' benefit is available to all guests with a Disney Ticket with Park Hopper or a Disney Ticket with Park Hopper Plus, allowing you to visit more than one Disney Park in a day. Park Hopping will be available from 2.00pm each day, subject to park capacity limitations.
My Disney Experience App
Make the most of the magic with the My Disney Experience app. We strongly recommend that you have the latest version of this app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled.
Helpful features include:
- Create Disney MagicMobile passes - a contactless way to enter the Disney Parks using your smartphone.
- Mobile Order Service for Dining: Please order ahead and save time at select dining locations using the mobile order service. We highly recommend that you use this service during your visit.
- Scannable Codes for Select Restaurant Menus: While at a table-service restaurant, you can scan a code to access the digital menu.