Returning to a World of Magic
As Disney welcome guests back to Walt Disney World in Florida, they’ve made updates based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. These measures are designed to promote cleanliness, physical distancing and reduced contact. Walt Disney World may be different from the last time you visited. But together with Disney, you can find new ways to create magical moments - and memories to treasure.
Top Things You Should Know As You Prepare to Visit:
- To enter a Disney Park, both a valid Disney Ticket AND a date-specific theme park reservation are required
- While face coverings are required for all Guests while in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, they are now optional in most areas of the parks for Guests who are fully vaccinated. Guests who are not fully vaccinated must continue to wear a face-covering in all indoor locations and upon entering all attractions.
- All 4 Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park are open; Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park remains closed at this time
- Some experiences - including theme parks - may be modified or unavailable to allow for physical distancing and limited contact
- Learn more about the updated Disney Park Hopper Experience
- The Disney FastPass+ service is no longer available
- Helpful technology and the My Disney Experience app will help you make the most of the magic
Theme parks, Disney Resort hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings may be modified and will be limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or full closure, based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing. The situation remains fluid and specific products and services cannot be guaranteed.
Introducing the Disney Park Pass System
Before you visit a Disney park, you MUST make a reservation using this convenient online tool - now available for Guests with valid theme park admission to make Disney Park Reservations up to 31 December 2022.
First, you need to either purchase your Disney tickets or book a Disney Resort Hotel + Ticket package:
- Ticket Only: Reservations for Disney Parks can only be made once you have paid for and received your Disney Tickets
- Disney Resort Hotel + Ticket Packages: Staying onsite at a Disney Resort Hotel is the ONLY way you can access the Disney Park Reservation System without the need to pay for your Disney Tickets in full - Secure your dream Disney holiday today with a £200 deposit and start booking your Disney Park Days as soon as you receive your Disney Hotel + Ticket Confirmation Reference
A Disney park reservation must be made for each day of entry for every member of your party; If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
We highly recommend that you make your park reservations as soon as you complete your ticket purchase, as availability can change until the reservation is finalised.
How It Works
Here’s how to use the Disney Park Pass system - and start planning for your return to the magic!
Step 1: Link Your Admission to Your Disney Account
To get started, you’ll need a valid park ticket or confirmed Disney Hotel and Ticket booking.
- First, you’ll need a Disney account on My Disney Experience which is where your Walt Disney World plans are stored and managed. Create an account or sign in to your existing account.
- Then, link your valid admission ticket or Disney hotel reservation to your Disney account. All Guests in your party must also have valid park admission linked to their profile.
Once your admission is linked to your account, you can begin to make a Disney park reservation.
Step 2: Create Your Party
When you begin to make a reservation, you’ll be prompted to create your party from your Family & Friends list.
- Simply select the family and friends you’d like to include, then select “Continue”.
- Don’t see someone in your travel party? Select “Add a Guest” to include them.
- Staying in a Disney Resort or other select hotel with a package that includes tickets? Everyone in your party must also have a hotel reservation. If this varies, you will need to make separate Disney Park Pass reservations.
Step 3: Select a Date and Park
Choose the date and the theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability. After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:
- Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
- Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
- Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
- Confirm your reservation.
Step 4: Review and Confirm Your Plans
Carefully review and confirm your selected park and date.
- If you need to make any changes, select “Back” to revise your selections.
- Before confirming, you’ll need to agree to the Terms & Conditions, including the COVID-19 liability waiver. Then, select “Confirm” to complete your park reservation.
- Once confirmed, your reservation will appear in My Plans.
Want to make another park reservation? Select “Make Another Reservation” to continue planning. As a reminder, if you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
Your new reservation(s) will appear in My Plans—both online and in the My Disney Experience app.
If you need to cancel a reservation, view your daily itinerary in My Plans, then select “Reservation Details”.
After a brief hiatus, 'Park Hopping' has been re-introduced at Walt Disney World and guests with a Disney's Ultimate Ticket will be able to visit more than one park in a day when following the new process for reserving Disney Theme Park visits. Learn more about the updated Disney Park Hopper Experience.
My Disney Experience App
Make the most of the magic with the My Disney Experience app. We strongly recommend that you have the latest version of this app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled.
Helpful features include:
- Mobile Order Service for Dining: Please order ahead and save time at select dining locations using the mobile order service. We highly recommend that you use this service during your visit.
- Scannable Codes for Select Restaurant Menus: While at a table-service restaurant, you can scan a code to access the digital menu.
- Online Check-In at Disney Resort Hotels: To aid in physical distancing efforts, we strongly recommend that you use Online Check-In Service prior to your arrival. When your room is ready, you’ll get a room-ready notification. Then, you can use either a MagicBand or the app’s digital key feature to enter your room!
Terms and Conditions
- To enter a Disney Park, both a valid Disney Ticket AND a date-specific theme park reservation are now required. Disney Theme park reservations are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed until you have confirmed your places on the Disney Park Pass System. If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit. It is your responsibility to reserve your Disney theme park days.
- Upon reopening, certain parks, hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity and will be subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.
- FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours: As a result of the COVID-19 impact, the FastPass+ sand Extra Magic Hours services are unavailable.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting Walt Disney World Resort you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.