Yosemite National Park in a Day from San Francisco
- Free cancellations*
- 3 reviews rated 5 stars
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
No trip to San Francisco would be complete without a sightseeing tour to majestic Yosemite National Park, where you can see dramatic mountains, spectacular waterfalls and the renowned El Capitan rock face.
Our guide to Yosemite National Park in a Day from San Francisco
Explore the stunning sights of Yosemite National Park during this unforgettable adventure in the beauty of nature. Travel in a comfortable and climate-controlled coach, just about 200 miles east of San Francisco, and enjoy a wide range of beautiful photo opportunities along the scenic drive to Yosemite National Park.
The tour departs from San Francisco, with convenient pickup from your hotel in Downtown San Francisco, Union Square or Fisherman’s Wharf. We cross through California’s fertile scenery of San Joaquin Valley before climbing into the rocky Sierra Nevada mountains. Relax in your comfortable seat as you learn about the colorful gold rush history of the region. Soon we arrive at the world-famous and stunning Yosemite National Park, where you will witness some of the most amazing natural wonders, the towering granite monuments of Half Dome, Cathedral Peak and El Capitan.
Enjoy the ride down into Yosemite Valley where we will make a stop at Inspiration Point, a view of the valley made famous by Ansel Adams and hundreds of artists since. Take your best selfie with Sentinel Dome, Glacier Point, Cathedral Peak and Bridalveil Fall as your backdrop. You will have enough time at your leisure to grab a picnic lunch and check out the Ansel Adams Gallery or the Yosemite Valley Wilderness Center.
Yosemite Valley is also home to giant trees and more than 400 types of species of mammals, birds, fish, reptiles and amphibians. The Lower Yosemite Falls, Mist and Meadow Loop trailheads are guaranteed to delight hikers of any age. Enjoy nature hikes in Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias and on the Meadow Loop Trail to the Swinging Bridge (weather and trail conditions permitting). The day at Yosemite concludes with another highlight at Valley View.
Take in the breathtaking views along the banks of the Merced River framed by El Capitan and the imposing spires of Cathedral Rocks before we say farewell to nature's grandeur that is Yosemite National Park. During your tour, your tour leader will provide useful information about the sights, sounds, and the history of these impressive natural wonders!
Please note: Exact itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and the guide’s discretion and not all mentioned sights can be guaranteed for each tour
Varies - see calendar.
5.30am-6.00am Hotel pick-ups will start up to 60 minutes before this time.
Approximately 15 hours including 3-4 hours inside the park.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Yosemite National Park in a Day from San Francisco
- The tour route and some stops may vary due to the weather and traffic conditions; the tour is subject to cancellation during winter storms in the Sierra Nevada Mountains without prior notice.
- Hotel pick-up is available in the Downtown area (Union Square, Financial District, Nob Hill, Lombard Street, Embarcadero and SOMA) but need to be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
- Customers must reconfirm the tour no later than 24 hrs prior to departure of the reserved tour in order to receive exact pickup time and further details.
- A minimum of 6 people is required for the tour to operate. If the minimum numbers are not reached on your chosen date you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 72 hours before your scheduled tour. No refunds are given after this time