Langjökull Ice Cave Experience
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Visit a unique and remote man-made ice cave in Langjökull, one of Iceland's largest and most spectacular glaciers. Going into the glacier is an unforgettable trip which takes place in one of the world's greatest wildernesses!
Our guide to Langjökull Ice Cave Experience
Begin your tour by driving to the lush Húsafell area with stops at Europe's most powerful hot spring Deildartunguhver and the beautiful Hraunfossar lava waterfalls.
After a lunch break in Húsafell get ready for a real adventure!
You will head to the top of Langjökull, in a monster truck, where you will enter the magnificent cave. Going inside is an unforgettable trip - imagine standing on an ice cap reaching 200 metres below your feet.
With a friendly, knowledgable guide leading the way, all you have to worry about is taking in this incredible experience.
Daily, year round.
9.00am. Hotel pick-ups commence approximately 30 minutes beforehand.
Approx 10 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Langjökull Ice Cave Experience
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Remember to dress warmly & wear sturdy footwear.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised of specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- Children MUST be aged 1 year old and weigh a minimum of 9kg to participate on this tour. Babies younger than 1 year old (under 9 kg) are only safe in baby car seats that require 3-point seat belts, which cannot be provided. and you can not bring your own car seat. Child´s car seats for children 9 – 18 kg approx. (1 – 3 or 4 years old) will be provided. Children aged 3 or 4 years and older (over 18 kg) can use the normal seat belts on the bus.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Langjökull Ice Cave Experience
Clothing & Accessories
What do I need to wear for visiting the Langjökull Ice Cave?
Warm clothing is essential on this tour as it is very cold! It is best to wear layers, have good ankle-supporting walking boots, a warm, waterproof jacket, thick socks and gloves with you also. A hat is recommended but not essential. Cramptons are provided to help on the slippery, wet floor.
As sunlight reflects off the ice and snow, you may wish to bring sunscreen and sunglasses for sunny days.
What is the temperature inside the Langjökull Ice Cave?
The temperature in the ice cave is around 0 degrees celsius.
Is the Langjökull Ice Cave Experience suitable for guests with disabilities?
Unfortunately due to the ground being uneven and covered in slushy snow, it is too difficult to push a wheelchair through. There is a fair amount of walking within the tunnel with stops along the way, so may not be suitable for guests with mobility issues.
Facilities & Amenities
Are there toilets on the Langjökull Ice Cave Experience?
There are some toilets at Húsafell prior to going to the Ice Cave. There is a portable toilet at the Ice Cave, but it is intended for emergency use only, so please use the facilities before arriving at the Ice Cave.
How big is the Langjokull Glacier?
The Langjokull Glacier (or Long Glacier) is about 24 kilometers wide and 64 kilometers long. It is the second-largest ice cap type of glacier in the country.