Florence City Tour with the Accademia Gallery
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Explore the beautiful architecture and famous artwork which resides in the Tuscany capital and discover the city's famous sites as you enjoy fast track access to the Galleria dell’Accademia.
Our guide to Florence City Tour with the Accademia Gallery
You will begin this tour with a relaxing and scenic bus tour that offers panoramic views of the unparalleled beauty of Florence and the surrounding countryside.
Drive along the romantic Viale del Colli up to Piazzale Michelangelo to admire the wonderful panoramic views of the city, one of the most beautiful in the world. This view will leave you breathless as you take in views of the entire city from this famous hilltop.
The tour will proceed to the old city centre with a guided visit of the Accademia Gallery, with a total immersion in the art of Michelangelo, see "David" and other important pieces such as "I Prigioni", "San Matteo" and the "Palestrina Pietà".
The next stop is a walking tour which will include the outdoor guided visit of San Lorenzo Church and the Duomo complex, San Giovanni Baptistery with its bronze doors, Porta del Paradiso and the Cathedral including the magnificent Cupola del Brunelleschi and Giotto's bell tower. The walk then continues along the lively Via Calzaiuoli in the heart of the city, where you can admire the Orsanmichele Church, a masterpiece of Gothic art. You will then reach the bustling Mercato dell Paglia (Straw Market) and don't forget to rub the nose of the famous "porcellino" (pig) and toss a coin into the fountain to bring you good luck!
You will then move on to Piazza Signoria, one of the most beautiful squares in the world and the political centre of the city. You will be fascinated by the beautiful Fountain of Neptune with the imposing marble statue of Ammannati. Dominating the square is the majestic Palazzo Vecchio with Arnolfo's crenellated tower, one of the most famous symbols of Florence.
Then, follow the outside spectacular elevated path of the Vasari Corridor which will lead you to the romantic and picturesque Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence.
With the Cathedral option:
In the afternoon, you will explore the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, a veritable treasure trove of priceless artistic wonders, where you'll immediately be captivated by the graceful expanse of its three naves. Guided by an expert, you'll have the pleasure of admiring the exquisite marble choir crafted by Bandinelli, the intricate ensemble of stained-glass masterpieces painstakingly created by Donatello, Ghiberti, and Andrea del Castagno, and the unique and enigmatic clock designed by Paolo Uccello. As you stroll, you'll also find yourself pleasantly surprised by the opportunity to tread upon a magnificent mosaic of polychrome marbles.
When you cast your gaze upward, the vast and opulent interior of the Dome, entirely adorned with frescoes by Vasari, will unfold before you—arguably the largest fresco in the world. Brunelleschi's renowned Dome, a marvel of masonry, stands as the unrivalled icon of Renaissance architecture, and it's a sight you won't soon forget.
Please allow approx 4 hours + lunch, with Cathedral option - 4 hours 45 minutes + lunch
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Florence City Tour with the Accademia Gallery
- This tour has a 2-passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, a refund will be provided or an alternative will be offered.
- Children aged 0 to 5 years old are free of charge. Proof of age may be requested.
- Lunch is not included for children aged 0-5 years. If you would like lunch included for a child aged 0-5, a full-priced ticket will need to be purchased.
- Drinks are not included with lunch and need to be paid for at the time of the meal.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- The itinerary is subject to change without notice.
- Please note all bags will be checked before accessing the Accademia Gallery
- One bottle of water is allowed per customer, no larger than 0.5 litres. Drinking is not permitted inside the exhibition rooms.
- Please note that the order of the visits may change.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.