Koala Cruise to Lone Pine Sanctuary
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
BOOK NOW and experience the enchanting world of koalas up close!
This popular Brisbane river cruise has been taking locals and visitors to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary for over 70 years and is a “must do” experience while in Brisbane.
Our guide to Koala Cruise to Lone Pine Sanctuary
Enjoy this memorable journey on the Brisbane River to the oldest and largest Koala Sanctuary in the world.
The cruise travels through the city's most historic landscapes, iconic attractions, historical home sites and interesting wildlife habitats.
Enjoy an informative commentary as you glide along Brisbane’s waterfront, from the bustle of the city’s skyscrapers through to leafy suburbs with waterside mansions.
As you travel, indulge in homemade morning teas, lunch and snacks (own expense) from the on-board cafe.
During your visit to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, you'll have a generous three-hour window to immerse yourself in a world of wonders. You can hand-feed kangaroos and emus, encounter over 130 adorable koalas in their habitat, witness the impressive skills of an authentic Australian sheepdog in action, catch a glimpse of an elusive platypus gracefully swimming, admire the magnificent birds of prey, and even seize the opportunity to capture a cherished moment holding a koala in your arms for a memorable photograph (subject to availability).
This tour departs every day of the week excluding Christmas Day and ANZAC Day.
The cruise departs from Cultural Centre Pontoon at 9.00am. Boarding starts at 8.30am.
Around 5.5 hours. You will have 3 hours to explore at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Koala Cruise to Lone Pine Sanctuary
- Hold a Koala photos are available for purchase direct with Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary at the Experience Hut on the day of your visit. Availability for this experience will vary each day depending on the needs of the Koalas.
- Morning teas, lunch and snacks are available in the on-board cafe (at own expense)
- The itinerary may be altered due to public holidays and is subject to change without notice.
- Children from 0-2 years are not catered for.
- Hotel transfers are not included. The cruise departs from Cultural Centre Pontoon located on the Boardwalk outside the Queensland Art Gallery/GOMA Cultural Precinct at Southbank.
- Please note: There are 28 stairs to climb from the boat to the entry gates at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- *Cancellation Policy: You can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before the departure date and time of your cruise. After that time, no refund will be given.