Excursion to Pisa through the Tuscan Countryside
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover Pisa and explore one of the world’s best known attractions, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, before continuing to marvel at other fantastic delights in this beautiful city.
Our guide to Excursion to Pisa through the Tuscan Countryside
A splendid excursion through the fertile and picturesque Tuscan countryside to the historic university city of Pisa, famous for its architectural beauty.
Upon arrival in Pisa, your informative guide will take you on a thorough guided walking tour of Piazza dei Miracoli and its monuments. Here, you will admire the wonderful architecture of the unique buildings surrounding you, called in the past “Miracles” because of their incredible beauty and uniqueness. You will be dazzled by this marvelous square, which is dominated by the wonderful Cathedral. Visit inside the Cathedral, a model of the distinctive Pisan Romanesque architecture.
The commentary of your guide will be particularly focused on the Leaning Tower, one of the wonders of the world. You will be enthralled by the history and the leaning structure of the Tower which stirs the imagination of all visitors.
After the guided visit you will have some free time for memorable pictures or to discover on your own the historical quarter, where you can admire the Church of San Sisto. Known as one of the oldest churches in Pisa and Piazza dei Cavalieri, The Church of San Sisto was the political centre in the middle age and is where the Scuola Normale is located, one of the most famous universities in the world.
Want to visit the inside of the magnificent Leaning Tower of Pisa? Add on skip the line entrance tickets and enjoy free time after your guided tour to explore the interior of the tower. This unforgettable experience allows you to climb to the top of the tower by mounting its 294 steps. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is 55.86 m tall (183.27 ft) from the ground on the low side and 56.70 m tall (186.02 ft) on the high side, around 3.99 degrees leaning. The weak and unstable subsoil caused this unique phenomenon, contributing to create one of the wonders of the world.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday November to March; Daily April to October.
About 6 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Excursion to Pisa through the Tuscan Countryside
- This tour does not operate on 25 December and 1st January.
- You are required to arrive at the departure location at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- Children aged 0-3 years are free of charge. Proof of age may be requested (children 7 years and under are not permitted on the Leaning Tower of Pisa tour)
- Itinerary subject to change. without notice.
- Please note: If there is a long queue to visit the interior of the Cathedral, you will be offered a guided visit of Piazza dei Cavalieri.
- We suggest to wear comfortable shoes; appropriate clothing is recommended to visit places of worship.
- For small groups, up to 8 passengers, the tour escort could be replaced by an English speaking driver-guide, while maintaining unchanged the entire program of the excursion.
- Cancellation Policy: This tour can be cancelled free of charge outside of 72 hours. 100% cancellation will be charged if cancelled within 72 hours.
- Leaning Tower of Pisa ticket conditions:
- The visit lasts around 30 minutes - no extension is allowed.
- Your visit to the Leaning Tower lasts for 30 minutes and no extension is allowed.
- Children under 8 years old are not permitted on this tour.
- Children between the age of 8 and 18 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Visiting the Tower requires a considerable amount of physical effort. Please consider that the spiral staircase has about as many as 300 steps.
- It is strongly recommended that people with heart disorders or individuals suffering from impaired health conditions do not visit the Tower.
- During periods of increased inflow of visitors, despite our reservations, the admission to the Tower may be subject to delays, mainly due to security reasons for which the access to the Tower is regulated according to the number of people inside it.