Northern Lights Tour in Iceland
- Free cancellations*
- 37 booked
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
An unforgettable experience to see the northern lights!
The Northern Lights tour in Iceland takes you to see a spectacular natural phenomenon which happens during the winter months.
Our guide to Northern Lights Tour in Iceland
During the winter months, from late August to April, Iceland is one of the best places in the world to see the always-spectacular Northern Lights!
Also known as Aurora Borealis, the Lights are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole, as you'll learn on this fascinating hunt.
Choosing a guided tour increases your chances of seeing the Northern Lights as a team of experts review and study the weather, locations and aurora forecast on a daily basis to determine if the odds are in favour for the tour and the best location. Therefore, the locations visited during the Northern Lights tour vary from day to day depending on weather conditions but keep your eyes peeled and camera handy.
As this tour is weather dependent, sightings are not guaranteed, however, you will experience Icelandic nature during the night, the Milky Way, stars, moon, clouds and total darkness. If you do not see the Northern Lights on your booked tour, you are invited to join the tour again, free of charge. It is highly recommended that you book your tour early in your trip to Iceland, so if needed you can re-book this tour.
25th August to 15th April from BSI Reykjavik Bus Terminal.
9.00pm between 1st October - 15th March
10.00pm between 25th August - 30th September and 16th March - 15th April
Approximately 3.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Northern Lights Tour in Iceland
- Although your booking will be confirmed, tickets will not be available to download until 30 days before your visit date.
- Your tour departs from BSI Reykjavik Bus Terminal. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your departure time.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Minimum age for this tour is 6 years old.
- Once you have joined a departure that the tour is non-refundable regardless if lights are visible or not.
- Despite all efforts, it cannot be guaranteed that you will see the aurora. If you do NOT see Northern Lights on the tour, you can rebook for another evening - please try to book this tour early in your trip, so you have the flexibility to rebook.
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket, and sturdy shoes are recommended.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.