Sail NZ - Americas Cup Sailing Experience
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A unique opportunity to participate as a crew member on an actual America's Cup yacht. Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or sit back, relax and enjoy the sail on this action-packed excursion in the 'City of Sails'.
Our guide to Sail NZ - Americas Cup Sailing Experience
Normally the realm of billionaire owners and elite professionals, take-up the challenge of sailing a genuine America’s Cup vessel around Auckland's picturesque harbour.
Experience the excitement of sailing, no experience necessary. Feel the thrill of the wind in your face as you tack and jibe.
These powerful and highly engineered race vessels are usually the domain of billionaires and elite professional yachties but this two hour sailing experience offers everyone the opportunity to sail these grand prix racing machines.
Tour concludes at approximately 2 hours after commencement, back at Viaduct Harbour Auckland.
Daily, year round.
1.00pm from April to October; 11.00am & 2.00pm from November to March.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Sail NZ - Americas Cup Sailing Experience
- Please check in for your trip 15 minutes prior to departure.
- The experience includes a full safety briefing before departure. Lifejackets will be supplied.
- This is an adventure activity and not recommended for pregnant women and people with medical conditions, please discuss any medical issues with us at time of booking.
- Participation is not compulsory if you prefer to sit back and watch the action.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Sail NZ - Americas Cup Sailing Experience
- What should I wear?
Please wear a light jacket and flat soled shoes. Lifejackets will be supplied. In wet weather rain jackets will also be provided.
- Do I have to get involved in sailing the boat?
Participation is not compulsory if you prefer to sit back and watch the action.