Day Trip to Edinburgh with Edinburgh Castle & Bus Tour
- Instant confirmation
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy a scenic journey through Britain's scenic East Coast before arriving in Edinburgh, where you will get to see the Scottish capital from a hop on hop off bus tour. You'll also have time to explore Edinburgh Castle, where you will get to see the Scottish Crown Jewels and panoramic views of the city skyline.
Our guide to Day Trip to Edinburgh with Edinburgh Castle & Bus Tour
Meet your tour guide at King's Cross Station, who will be able to help with any last-minute questions about your day in Scotland, before being escorted to your train with reserved seats.
The journey will swoop along Britain's scenic east coast, before arriving in Edinburgh at 11.22 am! You'll also get a handy Edinburgh map to make navigating the city a little easier.
See the Scottish capital from a hop-on-hop-off open-top bus tour and take in all the major sights! From the King’s official residence when he visits Scotland, the Palace of Holyroodhouse, to the towering Edinburgh Castle that dominates the Edinburgh skyline, you’ll soon get acquainted with the charming city during this tour.
You’ll cruise down Royal Mile, one of the busiest streets in Edinburgh’s historic old town, and past the famed Greyfriars Bobby monument before enjoying free admission to Edinburgh Castle.
This much-loved fortress has been involved in many historical conflicts since the 12th century and stands guard over the city from atop the Castle Rock. See the dazzling Scottish Crown Jewels and pose for photos with unbeatable panoramic views of the city skyline in the background.
Bid goodbye to Scotland as your train departs Edinburgh at 5.31 pm, arriving back in London between 10-10.18 pm.
Please ensure that you have a printed copy of your Open Top Bus Tour tickets. Train and Edinburgh Castle tickets are e-tickets and therefore can be viewed on your phone.
London to Edinburgh train departure schedule:
- Check-in time: 6.30 am
- Departure from Kings Cross Station: 7:00 am
- Arrival at Edinburgh Waverly Station: 11.22 am
Edinburgh to London train departure schedule:
- Check-in time: 5:00 pm
- Departure from Edinburgh Waverly Station: 5:31 pm
- Arrival at Kings Cross Station: 10:14 pm
Hop-on, Hop-off Edinburgh bus schedule
- Apr-Jun, Sep-Oct: The last tour is at 6:00 pm and runs every 15 minutes
- Jul-Aug: The last tour is at 7:15 pm, and runs every 10-15 minutes
- Nov-Mar: last tour at 4:15 pm, runs every 20 mins
Full mobility facilities on all tour buses and subtitled screen downstairs for hard of hearing.
Mondays - Saturdays.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Day Trip to Edinburgh with Edinburgh Castle & Bus Tour
- The itinerary is subject to change without notice.
- Train seats are allocated on a first come first serve basis & not guaranteed together.
- There are no storage facilities for prams or pushchairs, and rucksacks/suitcases over 30L will not be permitted.
- Please note this tour is unescorted.
- You will receive a timed ticket for Edinburgh Castle and you should allow at least 2 hours to see all of the castle highlights.
- The castle is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day (25 and 26 December) and New Year's Day (1 January).
- Please double-check check you have entered the correct email address, as without the e-tickets you cannot travel. If you do not receive the email please contact the reservations team at +44 207 233 7030
- Cancellation Policy: You are eligible for a full refund if you cancel your booking at least 14 days before the travel date. However, if you cancel within 14 days of the travel date, your tour will be non-refundable.
- Please do not book your transportation until you have confirmed your date of visit because the experience is subject to availability.