Day Trip to Edinburgh with Edinburgh Castle & Bus Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy a scenic journey through Britain's scenic East Coast before arriving in Edinburgh, where you will get to see the Scottish capital from a hop on hop off bus tour. You'll also have time to explore Edinburgh Castle, where you will get to see the Scottish Crown Jewels and panoramic views of the city skyline.
Our guide to Day Trip to Edinburgh with Edinburgh Castle & Bus Tour
Meet your tour guide at King's Cross Station, where you will be given a welcom pack full of exciting details about your day in Scotland, before being escorted to your train with reserved seats.
The journey will swoop along Britain’s scenic east coast, before arriving in Edinburgh at 11.20am! You’ll also get a handy Edinburgh map to make navigating the city a little easier.
See the Scottish capital from a hop on hop off open top bus tour and take in all the major sights, from the Queen’s official residence when she visits Scotland, Palace of Holyroodhouse, to towering Edinburgh Castle that dominates the Edinburgh skyline, you’ll soon get acquainted with the charming city during this tour.
You’ll cruise down Royal Mile, one of the busiest streets in Edinburgh’s historic old town, and past the famed Greyfriars Bobby monument before enjoying free admission to Edinburgh Castle.
This much-loved fortress has been involved in many historical conflicts since the 12th century and stands guard over the city from atop the Castle Rock. See the dazzling Scottish Crown Jewels and pose for photos with unbeatable panoramic views of the city skyline in the background.
London to Edinburgh train departure schedule:
- Check-in time: 6.30am
- Departure from Kings Cross Station: 7:00am
- Arrival at Edinburgh Waverly Station: 11.22am
Edinburgh to London train departure schedule:
- Check-in time: 5:00pm
- Departure from Edinburgh Waverly Station: 5:31pm
- Arrival at Kings Cross Station: 10:14pm
Hop-on, Hop-off Edinburgh bus schedule
- Apr-Jun, Sep-Oct: last tour is at 6:00pm and runs every 15 minutes
- Jul-Aug: last tour is at 7:15pm, runs every 10-15 minutes
- Nov-Mar: last tour at 4:15pm, runs every 20 mins
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Day Trip to Edinburgh with Edinburgh Castle & Bus Tour
- Please note - If you ARE NOT travelling within the next 72 hours then it can take up to 7 days for your tickets to be uploaded. If you ARE travelling within the next 72 hours then once you've made your booking please contact us by replying to your confirmation email or by calling our Customer Service team.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Please note this tour is unescorted.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 24 hours prior to departure. No refunds are given for no shows or cancellations made within 24 hours of departure.