This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy a scenic journey through Britain's scenic East Coast before arriving in Edinburgh, where you will get to see the Scottish capital from a hop on hop off bus tour. You'll also have time to explore Edinburgh Castle, where you will get to see the Scottish Crown Jewels and panoramic views of the city skyline. Enjoy an overnight stay at a 3* hotel and spend your second day in Scotland at your leisure before taking
Our guide to Edinburgh Overnight
You will meet at King’s Cross station at 6.30am for your 7.00am departure where you will receive a welcome pack with all the information needed to enjoy your overnight stay in Scotland!
Board the train to Edinburgh, settle back and enjoy the smooth journey along Britain’s beautiful east coast. You will arrive in Edinburgh at 11.32am.
A great way to get acquainted with the Scottish capital, this hop on hop off open-top bus tour will cruise past the best sights Edinburgh has to offer. You’ll see the dominating Edinburgh Castle overlooking the city from its perch on the Castle Rock and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Queen’s lavish Scottish residence.
Take in the vibrant atmosphere of the Royal Mile and remember to get a photo of famous canine statue Greyfriars Bobby! Enjoy free admission to historic Edinburgh Castle, where you can gaze at the sparkling Scottish Crown Jewels and familiarise yourself with some important Scottish history. The castle dates back to the 12th century and was involved in many key historical conflicts.
When you’ve seen everything inside the castle, take a walk outside and enjoy unbeatable panoramic views across Edinburgh. Overnight, you will stay at a 3* hotel before taking the second day to explore Edinburgh as you wish.
Whether you want to try some traditional haggis for lunch or delve into some Scottish history at a museum, the choice is yours to decide! Your return train will depart Edinburgh at 5.30pm, arriving back in London at 10.18pm.
Schedule (subject to change)
London to Edinburgh train departure schedule:
- Check-in time: 6.30am
- Departure from Kings Cross Station: 7:00am
- Arrival at Edinburgh Waverly Station: 11.22am
Edinburgh to London train departure schedule:
- Check-in time: 5:00pm
- Departure from Edinburgh Waverly Station: 5:31pm
- Arrival at Kings Cross Station: 10:14pm
Hop-on, Hop-off Edinburgh bus schedule
- Apr-Jun, Sep-Oct: the last tour is at 6:00pm and runs every 15 minutes
- Jul-Aug: the last tour is at 7:15pm, runs every 10-15 minutes
- Nov-Mar: the last tour at 4:15pm, runs every 20 mins
Monday to Wednesday. Does not operate during August.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Edinburgh Overnight
- Please note - If you ARE NOT travelling within the next 72 hours then it can take up to 7 days for your tickets to be uploaded. If you ARE travelling within the next 72 hours then once you've made your booking please contact us by replying to your confirmation email or by calling our Customer Service team.
- Cancellation Policy: Once booked, this ticket cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Once received, please print all documents, rail and entry tickets. You will need all these documents for your trip.
- Train seats are allocated on a first come, first serve basis and not guaranteed together.