San Francisco Self-Guided Bike Tour (One Day's Rental)
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
See San Francisco up close and personal as you cycle around the city by bike. Enjoy the freedom of exploring at your own pace and discover ‘back road’ gems as well as established highlights such as Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, Fisherman’s Wharf, the Golden Gate Bridge and much more.
Our guide to San Francisco Self-Guided Bike Tour (One Day's Rental)
Enjoy the freedom to explore fascinating San Francisco at your own pace with an eco-friendly and soul satisfying bike ride.
Bike where you like! Guests decide the ride and enjoy the freedom of going wherever the path leads them. Perhaps pass through the Presidio, characterised by many wooded areas, hills and scenic vistas overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge.
You can cross the Golden Gate Bridge and visit sunny Sausalito or for a more challenging ride head up to the 'home of mountain biking', the Marin Headlands and take in the views from Mount Tamalpais.
On arrival at the bike shop, you will be fitted with a current year bike(or electric bike), helmet, front handlebar bag, rear gear rack, map and route instructions.
Let the staff know how many miles you wish to ride and they will show you a great route that includes all the best sightseeing and stops the Bay Area has to offer.
Your bike can be kept for one day and on your return don’t forget to pick-up an “I Biked the Bridge” souvenir T-shirt. You’ve earned it! Here are some favourite local sample rides:
- Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito – 8 miles/2-3 hours: A beginner’s leisure ride! Bike through Fisherman’s Wharf, Municipal Pier, Fort Mason, Crissy Field, the Presidio, and Fort Point. Bike the Golden Gate Bridge on a wide bike path with awesome views! Coast two miles downhill into sunny Sausalito, return by ferry (ferry ticket not included, payable locally).
- City Coast to Golden Gate Park – 21 miles/3-5 hours: Bike through Fisherman’s Wharf and the Marina to the city’s dramatic edge. Check out breathtaking coastal views, Palace of Fine Arts, The Legion of Honor Fine Arts Museum, and Ocean Beach. Coast into Golden Gate Park, home of more museums, the Japanese Tea Gardens, Stow Lake, and the Arboretum. Next door, visit the Haight/Ashbury neighborhood: the definitive San Francisco Experience! Ride through historic Presidio paths back to our shop!
- Golden Gate Park Loop – 8 miles/2-3 hours: Loop through Golden Gate Park visiting one, two, three (!) museums, and the Japanese Tea Garden. Circle around Stow Lake and stop for a bite to eat before heading out to hug a tree and feed the bison. Bike the coastal bike trail and visit the Cliff House and Sutro Bath remains before looping back to the bike shop.
- Golden Gate Park to Golden Gate Bridge and Back - 10 Miles/2-3 hours: After taking in all that you can in Golden Gate Park, why not bike the Golden Gate Bridge? We have the best route to cut through the city on safe designated bike lanes before winding through the historic and majestic Presidio with its mammoth trees and world class viewpoints. Cycle down the bridge and back on wide bike path before finding your way back to the Park or, return to our shops on the waterfront!
- Golden Gate Park to San Francisco Waterfront - 5 Miles/2 hours: From our Haight location, you can view Victorian homes, shop high-end vintage clothing shops, venture to the Grateful Dead house, and bike through the beautiful, tree-filled Panhandle. Enjoy sweeping views of Alamo Square and the Painted Ladies before riding across town through City Hall, Polk Gulch, and the triumphant denouement of the city’s cool waterfront.
Collect your bike from Fisherman's Wharf.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for San Francisco Self-Guided Bike Tour (One Day's Rental)
- * Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
- Riders must be at least 16 to rent an electric bike.
- Please bring your credit card and your ID and/or your passport. A $400 authorization hold will be placed on your credit card per electric bike. This is to ensure the safe return of the bike, once the bike is returned the hold on the card is released. Please note it may take 72 hours for your bank to process the guest/companies securities. A passport can also be held at check-in as a security measure, if you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions for San Francisco Self-Guided Bike Tour (One Day's Rental)
- Is a helmet included in the bike hire?
Absolutely, California helmet law is mandatory under the age of 18. In fact, your hire includes helmets, front camera bags, bells, maps & map holders, water bottle holders, puncture repair kits, locks, and detailed map assistance.
- What happens if something goes wrong with the bike during my rental?
There is an emergency hotline phone number you can call if required.