Skip the line Vatican Museums & St. Peter's Basilica Tour
- 7 reviews rated 5 stars
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Your expert guide will help you get the most out of your visit to the Vatican Museums...
No trip to Rome would be complete without a visit to the Vatican. Explore St Peter’s Basilica, see the magnificent Vatican museums and experience the beauty of the Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo’s most famous work.
Our guide to Skip the line Vatican Museums & St. Peter's Basilica Tour
As you arrive at the Vatican admire the beautiful architecture of St. Peters Basilica and St Peters Square before meeting your guide close to the entrance to the Vatican Museums - here you are given your skip-the-line admission ticket.
Enter the Vatican Museums, taking in the beautiful spiral staircase and accompanied by your guide and using a personal headset, discover some of the treasures contained within the 2000 rooms and 14 kilometres of corridors.
Highlights include the Gallery of the Tapestries and the Gallery of the Geographical Maps before arriving in the famous Sistine Chapel with its magnificent fresco of the Last Judgment by Michelangelo.
Afterwards, head to magnificent St. Peters Basilica, the largest Church in the world, where you will find golden mosaics, several Tombs of Popes and Michelangelo's most important statue 'La Pietà'.
Your tour concludes in St Peter's Square where you view Bernini's impressive colonnade and learn about the history of the Vatican State including its Swiss Guard and the design of St Peters Square.
Why not visit Vatican Museum before the crowds arrive?
During the summer (April to October), there is an option to start your tour at 8.00am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, allowing you to explore one of the world's most famous attractions ahead of the rush! (Please note - hotel pick-up isn't available with this early departure)
Daily except Sundays.
Winter (Nov-Mar): 9.30am on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday; 2.00pm on Wednesday and Saturday. Summer (Apr-Oct): 9.30am on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday; 2.00pm on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Additional 8.00am departure on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Around 3 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Skip the line Vatican Museums & St. Peter's Basilica Tour
- All customers must adhere to the dress code. There are no refunds if you are refused entry for failure to comply. Shoulders and knees must be covered. No low-cut or sleeveless tops or shorts will be not permitted for men and women.
- Wednesday departures may be affected by the weekly Papal Audience. Should St Peter's Basilica be closed for the public for the Papal Audience, an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums will be offered in place of the visit inside St Peter's Basilica.
- Please note, queues may be longer than usual on weekends and during bank holidays.
- Unfortuantely the tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 4 days prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for no shows or cancellations made within 72 hours of departure.
The tickets were well worth it , the guide was ok but had a habit of rushing off in front and you lost communication in the earpiece because he was out of range .
Paulina Shaw reviewed Skip the line Vatican Museums & St Peter's Basilica Tour 18 Oct, 2019
Brilliant tour!! Not boring atall and learn so much throughout! Defo recommend doing this as the skip the line cuts you so much time and the guided tour is brilliant!
Trusted Customer reviewed Skip the line Vatican Museums & St Peter's Basilica Tour 30 May, 2019
Excellent tour. The queue's were already very long when we got there so having a skip the line ticket was invaluable. There is so much to see and the guide was very good at telling us about lots of different things.
Janet Northrop reviewed Skip the line Vatican Museums & St Peter's Basilica Tour 12 Dec, 2018
No queuing is essential.Tour guide knowledgable and friendly,takes you to the important pieces and areas to see.The Sistine chapel is very inspiring.Would recommend.
Trusted Customer reviewed Skip the line Vatican Museums & St Peter's Basilica Tour 26 Mar, 2018
Would recommend to anyone travelling to Rome.
Trusted Customer reviewed Skip the line Vatican Museums & St Peter's Basilica Tour 10 Jul, 2017