Small Group: Florence In a Day with David, Duomo, Uffizi, and Walking Tour
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the best of the best on an epic 8-hour voyage through the most jaw-dropping art, architecture and historical intrigue that the city has to offer. From Bernini’s world-changing Duomo and Michelangelo’s divine David, to the hallowed halls of Italy’s most popular art museum, the Uffizi, this tour will leave you with no doubt as to why Florence is one of the world’s most dazzling cities.
Our guide to Small Group: Florence In a Day with David, Duomo, Uffizi, and Walking Tour
If you only have one day to see all the top attractions in Florence, this Florence In a Day Tour will get you to all there - in the company of some of the best guides in the city.
Start your day by meeting the most famous marble sculpture in history - Michelangelo’s incomparable David. You’ll skip the long lines at the Accademia Gallery and walk straight into a life-changing masterclass on the sculpture. Think you know it because you’ve seen it a thousand times in pictures? Think again: David holds secrets you can only understand when you see him in person and in the company of one of our expert, English-speaking guides. You’ll also get to see Michelangelo’s unfinished ‘Slaves,’ and, with the help of your guide, get new insights into his tortured artistic process.
Next you’ll head to another stone structure that changed world history - Florence Duomo. As you admire the Dome from outside you’ll hear the story of how its architect Brunelleschi recovered lost knowledge and expanded the realm of what was deemed humanly possible all in his pursuit of building it.
After a quick stop at the doors of the baptistery to admire the Ghiberti’s masterworks (which Brunelleschi was insanely jealous of), you will dive into the beautiful streets of Florence to learn some of the rich history of the city. From the outdoor sculpture gallery of the Piazza della Signoria to the characters sculpted along the walls of Orsanmichele church, the history of Florence will be brought to life one sculpture and building at a time.
After a two-hour break for lunch (not included in the price of your tour, but your guide will show you the very best spots to eat) you’ll reconvene at the doors of the Uffizi, Italy’s most popular art museum and one of the greatest collections of art in the world.
Your route, like the museum, will be chronological. After skipping the entrance lines your expert, English-speaking guide will introduce you to early Renaissance masterworks from Cimabue, Duccio, and Giotto. Through their paintings you’ll learn to distinguish the styles and techniques that created a revolution in the visual arts.
Next it’s on to classics of the High Renaissance, like Botticelli’s ‘Primavera’ and ‘Birth of Venus’. You’ll see the progression of artistic techniques, and revel in the explosion of color and perspective. But it’s not all art theory; you’ll learn about the incredible personalities and bitter rivalries of some of the biggest stars of the day like Raphael, Michelangelo, and Leonardo da Vinci.
Finally, you’ll see the artistic legacy of the Renaissance in works from later masters like Titian and Caravaggio. When you have seen what comes before you’ll be able to view their paintings in an entirely new light!
This is more than just a tour, it’s a voyage through time that will make you appreciate all that it took to bring the visual arts out of the dark ages and into the modern world. In an intimate group of 15 people or fewer you will have unparalleled access to your expert, English-speaking, guide. With plenty of time to ask all those questions that you can’t find in books, this is the perfect way to immerse yourself in the fascinating world of Renaissance art.
Varies, please see calendar.
7 hours 15 minutes (including 1 hour 30 minutes lunch break)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Small Group: Florence In a Day with David, Duomo, Uffizi, and Walking Tour
- All Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. This does not apply to children under 12.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 20 guests (19 people from March 2020)
- Accademia and Uffizi have priority lines, lifts and ramps for guests with disabilities. Wheelchairs can be provided at the museums, but we must be advised this at time of booking. Please also note the walking tour includes sidewalks and pebbled streets, which can make if difficult for wheelchair users.
- This tour ends inside the Uffizi Gallery. After the tour ends, spend as much time inside the museum as you would like, applying your newly-acquired knowledge to one of the world’s greatest galleries.
- Pleas note: guests can only carry small handbags inside the Accademia. Larger backpacks and big pointy umbrellas are not allowed. Please also note there is no cloakroom inside the Accademia Gallery.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.
Frequently Asked Questions for Small Group: Florence In a Day with David, Duomo, Uffizi, and Walking Tour
- Does the Florence Duomo ever close?
The Cathedral of Florence occasionally closes for special celebrations/festivities, including Easter ceremonies. If this occurs during your visit, you will have an alternative itinerary that includes an explanation of the Cathedral from the outside and extra highlights of the city center. We are unable to provide refunds or discounts if the Cathedral closes unexpectedly.
- Is lunch included on this tour?
No. You get a 1.5 hour break for lunch during which you can eat wherever you please at your own expense. Your guide will be happy to give you recommendations for nearby restaurants.