Secrets of the French Quarter
- Free cancellations*
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
New Orleans’ French Quarter is a journey through the culture of an unquestionably unique group of varied peoples - a meld of Spanish, French, African, and American cultures mingled on these streets and created a culture unlike any other corner of the world. On this incredible walking tour of the French Quarter, join a local Creole guide as they lead you through the narrow streets with places and spaces that could only be found in The Crescent City.
Our guide to Secrets of the French Quarter
On these streets, an amalgamation of cultures collide - jazz, voodoo, and Mardi Gras are some of the small hints to the roots of this city and its enigmatic people. While we will meet on Bourbon Street, the 24-hour party that surrounds is simply a sign of the times - a modern-day adaptation of the past. We will get a taste and then duck into the more intimate side streets of the French Quarter. As your local guide begins your lesson in all things Creole, pass by former bars and flophouses that incubated the culture, as well as the former hotbeds of vice, like the Tango Belt, Storyville, Pirate Alley, and Exchange Alley.
It would be a sin to walk the French Quarter without talking about cocktails so your guide will show you and talk about the many cocktails birthed in these establishments. You are welcome to grab a drink (not included in the price of the tour) should you wish to continue on with a beverage in hand. It may assist in some dancing in the streets at our next stop - Royal Street where some of the best local musicians are still making the Quarter its own dancehall.
While the French Quarter is synonymous with drinks, dancing, and a rowdy time, it's not all just about the party. Next, your guide will lead you through Jackson Square to visit more historical sites including the impending St. Louis Cathedral, the Pontalba Buildings, as well as the Cabildo, where the Louisiana Purchase was signed. Just off the square, it is time to enter the Presbytère Museum where touching exhibits on Hurricane Katrina await. Then in an almost total 180-degree spin, view the exhibit on Mardi Gras - but that is life in the Crescent City, touching and joyful at the same time.
On your way to your final area of the French Quarter, head into one of the most haunted buildings in the United States where supernatural encounters are close by - especially in the seance room which you’ll peek into for a few minutes. If you dare!
Finally, swing through to the old French Market overlooking the beauty of Jackson Square and round out your time in the French Quarter at Cafe du Monde where your guide will leave you to enjoy a treat and the rushing Mississippi River as it weaves past the Big Easy.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Secrets of the French Quarter
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 20 guests.
- Only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed on this tour.
- Unfortunately, you can not take strollers on this tour.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings canceled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.