Northern Lights Small Group Tour in Iceland
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Explore Iceland in style!
Get ready for an unforgettable and more personable experience as you go hunting the Northern Lights on this small-group tour with no more than 25 people.
Our guide to Northern Lights Small Group Tour in Iceland
The northern lights, also known as the aurora borealis, are caused by collisions between particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole.
In Iceland, they are visible during the winter months, from late August to April, and appear in many different forms and colours although light green and pink are the most common.
A Northern Lights team studies the weather thoroughly and aurora forecast to find the best location each night to spot the lights.
While the lights can often be seen from the city, they are never as clear or magnificent when polluted by the city lights, thus, getting a warm ride to the best possible site for sightings is well worth it.
This is a classic Northern Lights tour but in a smaller group. That means you get more time with your expert guide for assistance on photography and facts.
Daily in Winter (until mid March).
9.30pm. Hotel pick-ups commence approximately 30 minutes prior to that time.
Approximately 3 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Northern Lights Small Group Tour in Iceland
- Although your booking will be confirmed, tickets will not be available to download until 30 days before your visit date.
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location to be collected.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Please note that indicated return times can vary.
- The minimum age to take part in this tour is 6 years old.
- Only two children under the age of 18 are allowed per one paying adult.
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed. If you don't see any lights you can try again by joining the regular Northern Lights Tour free of charge.
- Once you have joined a departure the tour is non-refundable regardless if lights are visible or not.
- The maximum group size for this tour is 25 people.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Northern Lights Small Group Tour in Iceland
When is best to book the Northern Lights?
Many factors mean that the Northern Lights can’t always be seen. In summer, for example, the northern lights aren’t visible, as the light of the sun will be too strong. Even in winter, they won’t be on display all the time. Sometimes the night sky will be cloudy, or the light of the moon will be too bright. At other times, the aurora just won’t be strong enough to be visible.
It is recommended to book your Northern Lights tour for the first night of your stay. In case your tour is cancelled due to bad weather, you will have time to reschedule for an alternative date.
Do the Northern Lights happen every night?
Fortunately, the Northern Lights do occur frequently however, it will depend on the weather conditions as to whether you will be able to see them. The sky needs to be dark, clear of any clouds and you should be away from light pollution for best results.