Alcatraz Island Ticket with Guided Chinatown, North Beach Tour & Fortune Cookie Factory
- Free cancellations*
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Alcatraz has been infamous since its earliest known occupation - called "Evil Island" by Native Americans. Today, the infamous island is notoriously difficult to get tickets for. We've taken away the uncertainty, booking them for you in advance, and pairing them with two of San Francisco's top sites - a guided tour of Chinatown and North Beach. This experience grants visitors a perfectly planned day in the city, with an expert local who knows all the ins and outs to ensure you get an insider's look at San Francisco and its most popular sites.
Our guide to Alcatraz Island Ticket with Guided Chinatown, North Beach Tour & Fortune Cookie Factory
Begin your day with a local guide near the Dragon Gate of San Francisco's beloved Chinatown. Weave through time and space down the main avenue through a neighborhood lined with dragon lanterns, imperial terracotta statues, and all the adornment of a "Little Shanghai". Hear the stories of the more seedy aspects during its Gold Rush foundations. Walk by neighborhood landmarks including Waverly Place and Old St. Mary's Cathedral. Stop into a traditional apothecary featuring fascinating Chinese medicine. Snack on some fresh fortune cookies, a San Francisco invention and take some home for the road (on us!).
Switch gears at North Beach, San Francisco's Little Italy. Walk the well-worn paths of Beat poets and cinematic icons. See the cafe Francis Ford Coppola sipped espresso and wrote The Godfather trilogy. Glimpse down avenues where neon signs beckon and the "Azzurri" reign supreme. Head for lunch on your own in this incredible foodie neighborhood. Your guide will set you up to find the local's favourite spots.
After lunch, continue to explore sights along the way to Alcatraz Landing, viewing the section of Lombard Street known as, "The Crookedest Street in the World". As you draw near, your guide will give you insider information on how best to spend your time on Alcatraz helping you collect your tickets and putting you on the short ferry to prison.
As you glide over the waters in San Francisco Bay, take in views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco incredible skyline. (We've chosen your afternoon departure specifically because it's when pesky Karl the Fog is most likely napping!) Explore the infamous Alcatraz prison accompanied by the award-winning audio guide. What a perfect day in San Francisco!
Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Alcatraz Island Ticket with Guided Chinatown, North Beach Tour & Fortune Cookie Factory
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 20 guests.
- Only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed on this tour.
- Unfortunately, you can not take strollers on this tour.
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that San Francisco has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.