New Orleans Garden District Tour: Private Mansion Access, Lafayette Cemetery & Local Praline Maker
- Free cancellations*
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Stroll through New Orleans’ historic and impressive Garden District stopping for pralines, a peek at Lafayette cemetery, and a visit to a Southern mansion.
Our guide to New Orleans Garden District Tour: Private Mansion Access, Lafayette Cemetery & Local Praline Maker
Immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of New Orleans with a guided tour through the beautiful Garden District, a celebrated Historic National Landmark. Experience a glimpse of life in New Orleans by tasting a sweet praline and hopping on the streetcar. Enjoy a leisurely stroll under the great oak trees while taking in the magnificent mansions and learning about their former owners. Finally, step back in time by entering an older mansion and sipping a cool drink on the porch.
Start the day with a sweet introduction to southern culture. Visit a historic praline-maker's shop to try for yourself this confectionary treat locals love. Then, hop on a nearby streetcar traveling down St. Charles Avenue for your first glimpses of stately mansions in the Garden District that date back to the late 19th century.
Now it’s time to explore this beautiful neighborhood on foot. Gaze upon magnificent mansions with ornate balconies and leafy ferns as your guide tells stories of the former owners and interesting facts about southern architecture. Next, stop at Lafayette Cemetary No. 1*, one of the U.S.’ most historic graveyards. Learn who’s buried here and about the challenges maintaining a cemetery below sea level.
Back on St. Charles Avenue, you’ll enter one of the best-preserved Southern mansions* and enjoy a cool drink on the porch. By the end of the tour, you’ll have discovered a beautiful corner of New Orleans and learned about its rich, but complicated history.
*Access to the cemetery is currently prohibited to all guests. A full cemetery tour will be given from outside the gates. Access to the Elms Mansion may occasionally be unavailable. In this case, you will receive an extended Garden District tour.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for New Orleans Garden District Tour: Private Mansion Access, Lafayette Cemetery & Local Praline Maker
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 20 guests.
- Only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed on this tour.
- Unfortunately, you can not take strollers on this tour.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings canceled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.