Northern Lights by SuperJeep
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This Northern Lights tour takes you in a SuperJeep from Reykjavik, far from the city lights, to observe this fascinating natural phenomenon also known as Aurora Borealis. With clear skies and a little luck, sightings can occur from autumn through to spring.
Our guide to Northern Lights by SuperJeep
The elders say that the harsher the night's frost, the more intense the colours will be. Swirling and swaying overhead, displays are usually greenish-yellow but white, red and pink lights can also appear.
The Northern Lights SuperJeep tour is dependent on the weather and sky conditions, so we reserve the right to cancel at any time.
If the evening tour goes ahead and the Northern Lights are not seen, we will offer you the chance to go on another night for free.
So make sure you book your Northern Lights SuperJeep tour for your first night in town to maximise your chances of sightings. Please note that the size of your group can grow if we've had to cancel several nights in a row due to weather.
Daily during mid-September to mid-April.
8.00pm. Except for 15th - 30th September & 15th Mar to 15th April when tour departs at 9.00pm.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Northern Lights by SuperJeep
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location to be collected.
- Children have to be under 12 years of age.
- One child per adult. If you have an additional child travelling with you, the additional children are required to pay the adult rate.
- The Northern Lights can only be seen on clear nights therefore the tour operator reserves the right to cancel the tour if the evening sky is heavily clouded or weather conditions are not favourable. In this event, they will do their best to reschedule you on a different date. However, if this is not possible we will refund you in full upon your return home.
- If the tour does commence sightings cannot be 100% guaranteed. If unsuccessful, you will be offered the opportunity to go again as many times as you wish (to be arranged locally) but refunds cannot be given if the Northern Lights still aren't sighted.
- The vehicles used normally seat a maximum of 6-10 passengers.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Northern Lights by SuperJeep
When is best to book the Northern Lights?
Many factors mean that the Northern Lights can’t always be seen. In summer, for example, the northern lights aren’t visible, as the light of the sun will be too strong. Even in winter, they won’t be on display all the time. Sometimes the night sky will be cloudy, or the light of the moon will be too bright. At other times, the aurora just won’t be strong enough to be visible.
It is recommended to book your Northern Lights tour for the first night of your stay. In case your tour is cancelled due to bad weather, you will have time to reschedule for an alternative date.
Do the Northern Lights happen every night?
Fortunately, the Northern Lights do occur frequently however, it will depend on the weather conditions as to whether you will be able to see them. The sky needs to be dark, clear of any clouds and you should be away from light pollution for best results.