Charm of Holland with Lunch
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience the beauty of traditional Holland at a relaxed pace visiting the picturesque towns of Volendam, Zaanse Schans, Edam, and Marken. Your knowledgeable guide will accompany you on guided walks, sharing fascinating insights about the sights along the way.
Our guide to Charm of Holland with Lunch
Discover what the Netherlands is all about and have fun on this special full-day trip. During your visits, you will discover traditional Dutch customs in each of the towns. For instance, when you visit Zaanse Schans, you will see the world-famous antique windmills that are still in use today and have the opportunity to go inside one, where a miller will show you how it all works.
On the former island of Marken, one of the few remaining professional clog makers will give you a demonstration with an antique steam engine, and you can visit an authentic Marken home from the 1940s. In the harbour of either Marken or Volendam, you will sit down for lunch at a traditional fish restaurant. The two-course lunch consists of two soup options and a fish, chicken or veggie main.
To travel between Marken and Volendam, you won’t be getting back on the bus. Instead, you will step on board the local ferry for a boat cruise on the IJsselmeer Lake. In the picturesque village of Volendam, you will visit the Cheese Factory for a cheese-making demonstration as well as a wine and cheese tasting. A visit to a traditional bakery includes a demonstration on how to make delicious stroopwafels and taste an unbelievably tasty stroopwafel liqueur.
As you walk through these traditional places you’ll see the colourful costumes of the locals and experience the culture. There are opportunities to purchase souvenirs such as clogs, ceramics, tulips, and much more in each of the towns.
Departs: October to March every Saturday. March to October every Friday and Sunday. 9.45 am. Duration 7 hours.
About 8 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Charm of Holland with Lunch
- You will be sent a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Please check in 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- This is a demanding tour, with a lot of walking.
- This tour is not suitable for guests with mobility issues or those in a wheelchair.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Tour takes about 8 hours, including about 90 minutes driving time in stages.
- Cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 72 hours in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 72 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee. Cancellations need to be requested in writing and must be confirmed by the supplier in writing.