Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Get away from the hustle and bustle and learn about Barcelona's rich history...
Take a walk through Barcelona’s past as you explore the beautiful Gothic Quarter to discover charming squares, hidden corners, and photogenic buildings that date back hundreds of years, as your expert guide helps to bring the history to life.
Our guide to Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
The Gothic Quarter links Barcelona’s past and present and this intriguing walking tour will take you through the remains of the Roman City and past medieval buildings where the Catalan counts and monarchs held their court for 500 years.
What's more, the history will be brought to life by your enthusiastic guide while the leisurely pace affords plenty of time for photos and questions.
Among the many highlights of the itinerary is the Temple d'August, Barcelona’s best-preserved Roman relic. Dating back to the First Century AD, this pagan temple was at the heart of the Roman city.
You will also view the ancient hothic buildings at Placa del Rei including the Chapel of Santa Agata and explore the cathedral cloister before moving on to sights such as Muralles romanes, Casa de la Pai Almoina, Casa de l'Ardiaca and more.
With a wireless audio system enabling you to keep track with your guide's explanations of the area's history and stories, you will leave with a much greater insight into Barcelona's past.
Daily, year round.
The walk lasts approximately 2 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
- Guests aged between 4-12 are eligible for a child rate.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the tour commences.
- Appropriate clothing is required when visiting the cathedral and churches.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 72 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours of the tour date or are a no show.
Frequently Asked Questions for Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
- What is the child policy?
No children under the age of 12 are allowed on this tour.
- Do I need to specify a day of travel when I book?
Yes, advance reservations are necessary.
- Is the walking tour strenuous?
No, the tour is suitable for all.